new

Default Speaker buzz from reciever..not ground loop.

I have buzzing from all speakers from a Harmon Kardon 435 reciever even with
all inputs and outputs disconnected except the speakers.
I also switched off all breakers in my house electrical main panel and
dissconnected all the ground wires from the main pane as a test. Is this
dirty power from the street?

new:
I really doubt your conclusion is correct about "dirty power" .....
check and tighten the pcb grounding screws that hold the boards to the
chassis and the screws on the back panel that hold the rca phono
connectors.
electricitym
..
..

new:
Light dimmers? Ceiling fan motor speed control ? Flourescent lights
? etc? Power supplies in computer ? TV ? VCR ?
Also.... leave the unit where it is and use a long extension cord and
plug it in another outlet several rooms away.
electricitym
..
..

new

All breakers on the main service panel are off except dedicated braker to
reciever. Therefore no other appliances etc on. I have no dimmers or
flourescent lights. I plugged it into every outlet but the same results.

wrote in message
oups.com...
new:
Light dimmers? Ceiling fan motor speed control ? Flourescent lights
? etc? Power supplies in computer ? TV ? VCR ?
Also.... leave the unit where it is and use a long extension cord and
plug it in another outlet several rooms away.
electricitym
.
.

CJT

wrote in message
oups.com...
new:
Light dimmers? Ceiling fan motor speed control ? Flourescent lights
? etc? Power supplies in computer ? TV ? VCR ?
Also.... leave the unit where it is and use a long extension cord and
plug it in another outlet several rooms away.
electricitym
.
.

Is it near a radio or TV transmitter? What about an engine that runs
constantly, like a generator or pump? Does the compass orientation
of the receiver matter?

How are you certain it's not a ground loop? Have you disconnected
all cable TV connections?

NSM

"new" wrote in message

All breakers on the main service panel are off except dedicated braker to
reciever. Therefore no other appliances etc on. I have no dimmers or
flourescent lights. I plugged it into every outlet but the same results.

Do you have cable TV locally? Sometimes that leaks enough to do this.

new

All cable TV coax is dissconnected. Only speakers and power.

I am in a basement room. There is no other generators, motors, TV
transmitters, etc, unless its from my neighbor next door. All my breakers in
the house are off except the one dedicated receptical that powers the unit.

Also I did not mention that the buzzing changes intensity during different
times in the day/evening.
"NSM" wrote in message

"new" wrote in message

All breakers on the main service panel are off except dedicated braker to
reciever. Therefore no other appliances etc on. I have no dimmers or
flourescent lights. I plugged it into every outlet but the same results.

Do you have cable TV locally? Sometimes that leaks enough to do this.

NSM

"new" wrote in message

All cable TV coax is dissconnected. Only speakers and power.

Doesn't help. It's the street cable that leaks.

How big is the Harmon Kardon 435 receiver? Can you move it around? What
happens if you short the antenna inputs? Are you close to a radio antenna?

NSM

"new" wrote in message

Shorting antena has no effect. have tried it in different locations also.

am not near any radio, TV, or microwave towers.

Do you have any other radios that work OK?

new

I have tried everything. I have disconnected all breakers from my main
electrical panel and all the grounds and neutrals. Only one circuit to the
reciever from the street. It changes in intensity during different times of
the day.
The power company does not know what I'm talking about or they are playing
dumb.
I'm Stumped!

"NSM" wrote in message

"new" wrote in message

Shorting antena has no effect. have tried it in different locations also.

am not near any radio, TV, or microwave towers.

Do you have any other radios that work OK?

sofie

new:

Another thought, take your receiver and a couple of speakers to a friend's
house to verify that all is OK.

Does another type, brand, or model of receiver do the same thing in your
home..... if not, and other receivers work OK then I would suggest that you
be convinced to change your preferences for purchasing a stereo receiver.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie