DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sanyo with no vertical deflection (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/111262-sanyo-no-vertical-deflection.html)

L. Kotney July 1st 05 06:17 PM

Sanyo with no vertical deflection

I have a sanyo model ds27800 that has no vertical
deflection. When I turned it on it popped and then
had a straight line across the screen. Was wondering if any one had
experienced the same problem and if so could guide me to the cause.. I have
no schematic on
this set and there is no obvious cause to the problem
from a close examination.

sofie July 1st 05 07:02 PM

L. Kotney:
You will need to do an even "closer examination"....
...... faulty parts many times will not look obviously bad.... dust off your
multi-meter and do some troubleshooting and testing..... verify that the
flyback derived B+ is making it to the vertical deflection output circuitry.
Problem could be a bad output device, shorted electrolytics, open resistors,
shorted diodes, faulty or cracked solder connections, etc.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie