DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   After Power Outage (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/110892-after-power-outage.html)

[email protected] June 27th 05 02:46 AM

After Power Outage

I had a power outage Jun 11th and my amp hasn't powered up yet. It
still has the standby light but no power. I left it unplugged for days
and it's still not coming on. This happened before and after leaving
it unplugged a week it powered up again. The model is Fisher RS-727.
Should I have it serviced or just get a new one? Any advise will be
appreciated. Thanks.

James Sweet June 27th 05 03:21 AM

wrote in message
I had a power outage Jun 11th and my amp hasn't powered up yet. It
still has the standby light but no power. I left it unplugged for days
and it's still not coming on. This happened before and after leaving
it unplugged a week it powered up again. The model is Fisher RS-727.
Should I have it serviced or just get a new one? Any advise will be
appreciated. Thanks.

It's probably a fairly simple repair, if it's a nice amp it's at least worth
having looked at.

Kalman Rubinson June 27th 05 03:40 AM

I see it advertised at $69.95 from an on-line pawnshop, so I don't
think it is worth heroic efforts. Check for a blown fuse but, beyond
that, you might look for a replacement. Repair costs are probably
more than it is worth.

Kal

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 02:21:46 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

.. .

Ron(UK) July 4th 05 07:53 PM

wrote in message

I had a power outage Jun 11th and my amp hasn't powered up yet. It
still has the standby light but no power. I left it unplugged for days
and it's still not coming on. This happened before and after leaving
it unplugged a week it powered up again. The model is Fisher RS-727.
Should I have it serviced or just get a new one? Any advise will be
appreciated. Thanks.

Try warming it up with a hair dryer, around the electrolyics near the PSU.

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system