DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cordless phone problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/110831-cordless-phone-problem.html)

Henry June 26th 05 06:50 AM

Cordless phone problem

Panasonic KXTGA500W cordless phone.

Today it would not get a dial tone. It said unable to connect with
base, move closer. Battery monitor showed two hash marks, so presumably
the battery was not low.

I took battery out, also fiddled with menu. Eventually noticed that it
would get a dialtone. Any ideas of what to do in case the problem recurs?

Henry

Travis Jordan June 26th 05 12:56 PM

Henry wrote:
I took battery out, also fiddled with menu. Eventually noticed that
it would get a dialtone. Any ideas of what to do in case the problem
recurs?

Charge the battery?

Jerry G. June 27th 05 12:01 AM

The comon cause for your problem in these phones is that the battery is
not sustaining enough charge to keep the handset to work properly.

If you bring the phone in for service, the first thing the service man
will try is a newly charged battery before persuing for any faults.

Jerry G.
======

Mike June 27th 05 12:45 AM

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 05:50:40 +0000, Henry wrote:

Panasonic KXTGA500W cordless phone.

Today it would not get a dial tone. It said unable to connect with
base, move closer. Battery monitor showed two hash marks, so presumably
the battery was not low.

I took battery out, also fiddled with menu. Eventually noticed that it
would get a dialtone. Any ideas of what to do in case the problem recurs?

Henry

I had the same problem with a Panasonic phone. I replaced the batteries
and had the same problem so I bought a new one from a different company
and put the Pani in storage. About 1 month later I charged the battereis
and installed it in the garage, works fine now and I can bring it into my
neighbors yard and it still works.
Go figure.