DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony TV KV27TS32 with funny picture, sounds great (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/110456-sony-tv-kv27ts32-funny-picture-sounds-great.html)

skype June 21st 05 02:32 AM

Sony TV KV27TS32 with funny picture, sounds great

My Sony KV27TS32 the other day displayed a funny picture, turning it off
and on restored the picture for about 2 mins. The sound is still working
correctly. I took a picture to better explain this. Is the tube gone?
http://130.65.112.148/kv27ts32.jpg

A bit of history of this TV. I changed the 3 trans and resistor on the
powersupply about 3 months ago.

Thanks everyone for your help!
Kenny

kip June 21st 05 12:42 PM

Resolder the Posistor...Its the Black Cube on Powerboard.

kip
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...

skype June 22nd 05 03:42 AM

kip,
Thanks for your response. I resolder what I think is the posistor. No
luck. :(
http://130.65.112.148/kv27ts32posistor.JPG
Is the black box with the red arrow pointing to it the posistor?
Thanks!
Kenny

skype June 22nd 05 04:22 AM

nope.. never been dropped.
any chance the posistor is fried? Do I need a new posistor?
thx

skype June 23rd 05 04:34 PM

anyone have any more suggestions before i throw this set away?
as always thanks for all the great help here.
Kenny

skype June 23rd 05 05:05 PM

skype June 23rd 05 05:57 PM

Sorry for the double post, I refreshed the page on accident.

I don't know where to check the resistance of the degauss coil. I know
nothing about TV sets, I thought i just give it a try with my little
knowledge on electronics.

I do hear it energize. It makes the same sounds as it did before it
stopped working. Only now I get the funny red, green, blue swirls.

Thanks again!

skype June 25th 05 07:31 AM

tapping on the side of the set restored the picture. I opened it the set
and lifting the side where the posistor is restores the pictures. If I
lift up and hold the board the picture is perfect. Looks like a bad
connection somewhere, resoldered all the joints but still a bad connection
somewhere. :(
any thoughts?

skype June 25th 05 08:34 AM

here is a video of what the set is doing.
http://130.65.112.148/sony.zip
thanks for looking!
Kenny

skype June 25th 05 04:54 PM

resoldered the IC501 and IC606 chips and it is working great again.
Thanks for your help kip.
Kenny