DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need help with a Philips mini Hi-Fi system (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/110079-need-help-philips-mini-hi-fi-system.html)

Matt June 15th 05 11:19 PM

Need help with a Philips mini Hi-Fi system

Model number FW-C550. I can't figure out how to get to the lens in it to
clean it, and I have tried everything I could think of. It's having serious
trouble reading CDRWs, and I have had it for a couple of years. Any advice?

[email protected] June 16th 05 03:05 AM

Well..... if you can not figure out how to get to the lens after trying
everything you could think of... then you should try to clean the lens
with a laser lens cleaning disk.... the kind with little brushes on it.
electricitym

b June 16th 05 12:00 PM

wrote:
Well..... if you can not figure out how to get to the lens after trying
everything you could think of... then you should try to clean the lens
with a laser lens cleaning disk.... the kind with little brushes on it.

Or not.Those cleaning discs don't work, so if you cant do it yourself,
ignore the above and take the unit to a shop and have it done properly.
-Ben