DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I get Red & Blue outlines on my Projection Screen (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/110072-i-get-red-blue-outlines-my-projection-screen.html)

Raventy June 15th 05 04:15 PM

I get Red & Blue outlines on my Projection Screen

Hey guys, I have a 50" projection screen arcade machine but one of the
things I noticed with the screen is that these red and blue outlines
appear around things(see image) anyone know whats up with that and how
to fix it? PICTURE OF SCREEN: http://br / http://home.comcast.ne...16gamer/gl.JPG Thanks!

kip June 15th 05 05:33 PM

Diagnose the convergence section.

kip

oups.com...
to fix it? PICTURE OF SCREEN: http://br / http://home.comcast....16gamer/gl.JPG Thanks!

Raventy June 15th 05 09:35 PM

yea but uh... how? :)

DaveM June 15th 05 10:13 PM

That's a convergence problem. My big screen Hitachi has the convergence
adjustment in the video setup section of the menu. Look around in the video
setup and see if there's aconvergence menu item, select it, and you should
be able to adjust it with the buttons on your remote. Mine has a crosshair
on the screen for this adjustment. You just make the line a solid white
line with no color shadows.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in

oups.com...

[email protected] June 15th 05 10:20 PM

From the lookds of it, you need to hire a qualified electronics repair
technician that has experience with RPTV sets.

Looks like a fault in the convergence circuit somewhere. Proper
troubleshooting is required to know how to repair it.

Wes. June 16th 05 10:13 AM

"Raventy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey guys, I have a 50" projection screen arcade machine but one of the
things I noticed with the screen is that these red and blue outlines
appear around things(see image) anyone know whats up with that and how
to fix it? PICTURE OF SCREEN: http://br / http://home.comcast....16gamer/gl.JPG Thanks!

You need to let us know what make of RP Monitor the Arcade Cabinet is using.
Sega and Namco cover most of the basic convergence in their manuals. You can
download some of them on line.

If it's some unknown cabinet you can have a peek at the chassis / PCBs and
look for manufacture names.

Also ask over in rec.games.video.arcade &.collecting

Wes.

Raventy June 17th 05 02:51 PM

The monitor is an Hitachi 50UX22BA. I did find an "Digital Auto
Convergance" in the TV's menu and I ran that but it didnt seem to
really help. The game that the monitor is in is a NAMCO Time Crisis.

Raventy June 17th 05 02:54 PM

Oh yea also, another interesting thing that happend was I went to turn
down the Tint on it and just make a few video setup adjustments... well
it was all fine until I hit the channel up button on the tv by accident
and it displayed one of those scramble screens cuz there was no cable
in. But, when I then hit it back down to the INPUT station for the
game, the picture became darker than it was before so I had to turn the
brightness up a bunch to make it seeable again. Anyone know whats up
with that?