DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Canon ZR200 camcorder repair help (battery connection) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/109688-canon-zr200-camcorder-repair-help-battery-connection.html)

Captain Mooboy June 11th 05 09:29 PM

Canon ZR200 camcorder repair help (battery connection)

Hi,

I have a new ( 1 month) Canon ZR200, and the other day, the camcorder
stopped working with the battery. The camera works fine with the AC
adapter plugged in, but it seems as if the connection to the battery
has been severed (something loose from the shipping?) because:
1) there's no power with just the battery, and
2) the red recharge light doesn't go on when I plug in the AC adaptor

I know I could send this in to Canon for repair, but I was hoping to
avoid the two weeks plus without it if there's an easy fix. Does
anyone have any pointers?

Thanks much,
Omar

NSM June 11th 05 10:15 PM

"Captain Mooboy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,

I have a new ( 1 month) Canon ZR200, and the other day, the camcorder
stopped working with the battery. The camera works fine with the AC
adapter plugged in, but it seems as if the connection to the battery
has been severed (something loose from the shipping?) because:
1) there's no power with just the battery, and
2) the red recharge light doesn't go on when I plug in the AC adaptor

I know I could send this in to Canon for repair, but I was hoping to
avoid the two weeks plus without it if there's an easy fix. Does
anyone have any pointers?

Ask your dealer to try a new battery.

Jerry G. June 12th 05 01:14 AM

You are best off to send the unit back for service. When opening these
units, if you are not used to it, it is very possible to do some added
damage.

Jerry G.
======