DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony 5.1 receiver model:STR-DE345 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/109684-sony-5-1-receiver-model-str-de345.html)

[email protected] June 11th 05 08:31 PM

Sony 5.1 receiver model:STR-DE345

Sony 5.1 A/V receiver model:STR-DE345,year:Jan 2000.No power only relay
click I found F901=3 amp fuse to be open when I connected a 100 watt
bulb inplace of F901 and pressed power button the light bulb lit bright
and still no display.
I tested most components with my Fluke DMM series II model 29 and they
tested ok,like the five 0.22 ohm dual emitter resistors and since they
were ok obviously the five output pairs of MP1620 & MN2488 were fine
but I still tested them.
I could not test IC501=STK350-230 as I would have to tear the whole
thing apart to get to the trace side of the main board to take
measurements.
I could not find any Sony common repair tips at:

http://www.orpheuscomputing.com/tech...downloads.html
http://www.moyerelectronics.com
http://intrepid-video.com/techhelp.htm
http://www.orpheuscomputing.com/tech...downloads.html
http://www.schematicsforfree.mattsoft.net/
http://schematicsforfree.mattsoft.net/forum/
http://wa6ati.com/

then click on "TSS logs for Sony".

Free Sony model:STR-DA777ES receiver/amp & Sony model:DVP-S9000ES DVP
player service manuals and owner's manuals.Also other usefull info:

http://jbmaudio.com/Sony777es/Sony777es.htm

So if anyone could look up common repair tips from your repair
experience or any pay repair tips sites such as:

http://www.Euras.com
http://www.winstip.com
http://www.repairhelper.com
http://www.shophelper.com
http://www.circuitwork.com/techassis.../yabb/YaBB.cgi
http://www.network54.com/Forum/27725
http://www.nesda-ohio.com
http://www.anatekcorp.com

or any other pay repair tips site?.Thanks in advance.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Mark D. Zacharias June 12th 05 01:39 PM

wrote:
Sony 5.1 A/V receiver model:STR-DE345,year:Jan 2000.No power only
relay click I found F901=3 amp fuse to be open when I connected a 100
watt bulb inplace of F901 and pressed power button the light bulb lit
bright and still no display.

snip

Thanks in advance.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Despite your previous testing, my money is on one or more shorted output
transistors. These often also get emitter resistors open, and in turn when
that happens there are often bad 2SA988 protection circuit "gate"
transistors as well, even some small resistors associated with them.

Mark Z.