Default Maytag washer belt cross reference

One of my really good customers had a belt go on his Maytag washer and
the Maytag part #'s stamped on them were as follows:

2-11124-3
2-11125-2 D

so when I called local belt and bearing supply stores they could not
cross reference those belts but said to bring them in so that they
could physically match them up.I can get them from local appliance
repair parts suppliers but my cost is $22+tx if I can get a generic
cross refence part # & physical specs I could call around those belt
places as pay only $4-7 each.So could anyone give me the generic part #
and specs for both belts?.Thanks.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Ken Weitzel

One of my really good customers had a belt go on his Maytag washer and
the Maytag part #'s stamped on them were as follows:

2-11124-3
2-11125-2 D

so when I called local belt and bearing supply stores they could not
cross reference those belts but said to bring them in so that they
could physically match them up.I can get them from local appliance
repair parts suppliers but my cost is $22+tx if I can get a generic
cross refence part # & physical specs I could call around those belt
places as pay only $4-7 each.So could anyone give me the generic part #
and specs for both belts?.Thanks.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Hi Sidney...

Don't know how helpful this might be, but perhaps worth a
shot...

Broke my (older) Sears snowblower last winter. Tried to
snowblow the neighbor's dog chain. Mere seconds between
snagging the chain in the impeller, lots of smoke, and the
belt was liquid rubber and bits and pieces of some kind of
string stuff.

Called Sears (an 800 number in [I think] Alberta. Told them
the model; young lady told me their part number. Asked her
to let me have one. She said out of stock, would be back
ordered and be about 8 weeks.

Didn't need it badly then; don't have to blow rain

So - talked some more, asked if she could tell me more
about the belt. She did - gave me the "generic" number
that she'd actually order for me. This case an x 3550.

From that it didn't take long at all with auto type guys
to figure out that it was really a standard v belt; and
33.5 inches long.

Only problem then was that 35.5 inches wasn't made anymore,
had to choose between even inches. Tried 35 inches; just
perfect - and even have a couple of spares at 5.79 (cdn)
each

Good news for you is that Sears is a huge distributor of
Maytag stuff; perhaps if you speak nicely enough they'll
do the same for you

I have the 800 number around somewhere, let me know if you
need it and I'll dig it up for you.

And a heads-up... if you get one from cdn tire; v belts are
no longer in the auto department - they have them in a
display in another part of the store (at least here in
Winnipeg).

Hope this might help a bit...

Ken