DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Nissan Radio Swap out problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/109288-nissan-radio-swap-out-problem.html)

[email protected] June 8th 05 12:33 AM

Nissan Radio Swap out problem

I bought a 2001 factory cd/ cassette player (not bose) for my
pathfinder to replace my 97 factory cd only player, my question is the
new has 1 more plug, not sure what it is for. Everything powers up,
just no audio.

Thanks
Chad

Jamie June 8th 05 03:42 AM

wrote:

I bought a 2001 factory cd/ cassette player (not bose) for my
pathfinder to replace my 97 factory cd only player, my question is the
new has 1 more plug, not sure what it is for. Everything powers up,
just no audio.

Thanks
Chad

the extra plug may have been the EQ or possibly a remote mounted amp
plug, it most likely has multiple
connections in it.

JR North June 8th 05 03:46 AM

What could possibly make you think a 2001 head would just plug right
into your '97?
JR

wrote:

I bought a 2001 factory cd/ cassette player (not bose) for my
pathfinder to replace my 97 factory cd only player, my question is the
new has 1 more plug, not sure what it is for. Everything powers up,
just no audio.

Thanks
Chad

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

[email protected] June 8th 05 03:55 AM

All the plugs are the same, all the mountig brackets are the same.

James Sweet June 8th 05 04:22 AM

"JR North" wrote in message
What could possibly make you think a 2001 head would just plug right
into your '97?
JR

In many cars they will.

[email protected] June 8th 05 05:05 AM

wrote:
I bought a 2001 factory cd/ cassette player (not bose) for my
pathfinder to replace my 97 factory cd only player, my question is the
new has 1 more plug, not sure what it is for. Everything powers up,
just no audio.

Thanks
Chad

Some cars have controls on the steering wheel to control the radio.
This extra plug may be for that or for an optional external amp.

James Sweet June 8th 05 09:31 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
I bought a 2001 factory cd/ cassette player (not bose) for my
pathfinder to replace my 97 factory cd only player, my question is the
new has 1 more plug, not sure what it is for. Everything powers up,
just no audio.

Thanks
Chad

Some cars have controls on the steering wheel to control the radio.
This extra plug may be for that or for an optional external amp.

The best thing to do would be to find a 2001 with the same radio and have a
look, it's possible a service manual might show it as well.