Vince

Default Power Supply Sony KV32S12

Hi!
If anyone has a drawing for this set, I am in need of what the values are
of C609 610 611&612 and also or R653 which was also blown, I hope this is
all that is wrong with this set, I replaced the HOtr and both of the 4834
trs, also the VDRs.
Thanks in advance for any help I get.
Vince

Leonard Caillouet

I posted the following message on May 30, the same day that you first
inquired...

You sound like a tech. Where are you located and what kind of work do you
typically do?

Start the PS up slow and as soon as it starts switching note the frequency.
If it is below about 50kHz be careful. I have seen these sets with surge
damage with bad switching transformers and the tend to run slow from the
start. If it does it will blow the PS again in short order. Also note the
duty cycle of the transistors, which should be within a couple of percent of
50%. You should really get the training manual on this series of sets if
you are going to work on them. Once you get to understand them they are
pretty easy repairs.

Check the standby circuit. If VDR601 was shorted, R644 is likely open and
you need to check the rest of the standby circuit carefully before trying to
start the PS. With external sources of damage I have seen these circuits,
and the soft start and protect circuits damaged.

C609-C612 .22uFd 100V
R653 1 ohm .25W

BTW, Tritronics has many Sony parts on their search engine and if they don't
will do the research for you for free. Other Sony distributors such as
Andrews and Fulton will do the same.

Leonard

"Vince" wrote in message
Hi!
If anyone has a drawing for this set, I am in need of what the values are
of C609 610 611&612 and also or R653 which was also blown, I hope this is
all that is wrong with this set, I replaced the HOtr and both of the 4834
trs, also the VDRs.
Thanks in advance for any help I get.
Vince

Art

R607 1-202-933-61
Q601/602 8-729-019-49
Q502 8-729-035-75
C611/612 1-136-169-00
D648 8-719-057-52
R622 1-212-958-00
VDR601 1-810-974-21

Make sure to check the soldering around and including the LOPT, H-Driver
Transformer, and the numerous loads off the LOPT S/A R551,557,536, D530,531,
Etc. BTW this power supply can be run up on a variac without being connected
to the main board to confirm operations.

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Sony CFS-W600 Dual Tape Portable Stereo - power supply xfrm failure Emanuele Girlando Electronics Repair 0 June 14th 04 06:30 PM
TV Sony KV27TS35 switching power supply problems gaston Electronics Repair 0 November 30th 03 04:49 PM
Epson ELP 7200 Projector Power Supply Help Dylan Electronics Repair 5 October 10th 03 10:50 PM
SONY DVP-NS300 POWER SUPPLY Techie Electronics Repair 1 September 3rd 03 10:04 PM