DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   JVC HV Transformer Replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/109145-jvc-hv-transformer-replacement.html)

[email protected] June 6th 05 08:07 PM

JVC HV Transformer Replacement

My JVC TV is about 2.5 years old. A few weeks ago, the screen became
blurry and white. I took it to a local shop, the said it was the FLY
back HV transformer, my question is how hard it this to replace. I have
worked on TV's in the past, nothing to major, but I do work on
electronics from time to time. Thanks for you thoghts and input.

Chad

Rono June 6th 05 10:49 PM

There is a capacitor by the flyback, 10 uf @
250 volts, I think. Flybacks don't go in those
units. Rono.

ups.com...

Jason D. June 7th 05 02:11 AM

On 6 Jun 2005 12:07:43 -0700, wrote:

My JVC TV is about 2.5 years old. A few weeks ago, the screen became
blurry and white. I took it to a local shop, the said it was the FLY
back HV transformer, my question is how hard it this to replace. I have
worked on TV's in the past, nothing to major, but I do work on
electronics from time to time. Thanks for you thoghts and input.

Chad

Chad, what I do is isolate the G2 wire if not, then focus wire. One
solders into CRT board, other one (either a collar or a button to push
to release the focus wire. Try one at a time. If this changes, I
still think it is fly. I still have to change flybacks in JVC sets
occasionally. They either fail (either kill the HOT or fly heats and
HOT up quickly and shuts down. Or noisy focus or G2 or that kind you
saw. But that can be caused by CRT, I check for any HV with HV probe
on the CRT pins with CRT board pulled.

Cheers, Wizard

James Sweet June 7th 05 03:22 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
So that could be causing the problem?

Yeah, and it's cheap to try so it makes sense to do so before replacing an
expensive flyback transformer.