Roy and Rosa

Default PTK169 B+ still high

PTK169AV had shorted hv splitter.
I dont have repair manual. I checked other posts I could find on net.
I replaced the 4 caps around smps. B+ in standby is 168 volts and drops to
160 volts in run.
I adjusted the pot labeled B+ reg, the one under the black snap cover, It
made no effect on standby and only drops to 159 volt in run.
I used RCA caps for 15 and 39 uf caps...105 deg.C for the other 2.
What else should I look for? Is there a pot I missed for standby
adjustment?
Thanks

What are ALL the smps primary AND secondary voltages in standby.
FYI, you may have already damaged the new hv splitter by running the
set with the b+ that high.

Download the ctc169 information he http://www.eserviceinfo.com/
It will help even if component values are a little different.

Here is the direct link:
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...A_proscan.html

"Roy and Rosa" wrote in message
PTK169AV had shorted hv splitter.
I dont have repair manual. I checked other posts I could find on net.
I replaced the 4 caps around smps. B+ in standby is 168 volts and drops

160 volts in run.
I adjusted the pot labeled B+ reg, the one under the black snap cover, It
made no effect on standby and only drops to 159 volt in run.
I used RCA caps for 15 and 39 uf caps...105 deg.C for the other 2.
What else should I look for? Is there a pot I missed for standby
adjustment?
Thanks

Are you sure you're using the right ground to measure the B+?

Roy and Rosa

I have 143 volts in standby and responsive to adjustment.
BUT i only have about 7 volts on the 15 volt line. And nothing on the 5
volt line.
I will replace D4118 tomorrow.
When I unsolder WJ324 I get 14.8 vdc
when I resolder wj324 and unsolder jumper WJ320 I get 7 vdc.
Problem seems to be in 15volt 'B' supply.
I must have been using the wrong ground. I guess I was measuring to the
hot ground on the chopper heatsink!
The schematic from that link from dkuhajda gave me really helped.
Thanks for replys Roy

Are you sure you're using the right ground to measure the B+?