DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   gaming steering wheel (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/107776-gaming-steering-wheel.html)

[email protected] May 30th 05 06:27 AM

gaming steering wheel

hi all,

I want to devalop a car driving game using a steering wheel.I want to
know behavior of steeing wheel signals to vehicle wheel.How i can
decide the vehicle wheel angle and speed from the steering wheel
position and torque signals.

James Sweet May 30th 05 05:59 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
hi all,

I want to devalop a car driving game using a steering wheel.I want to
know behavior of steeing wheel signals to vehicle wheel.How i can
decide the vehicle wheel angle and speed from the steering wheel
position and torque signals.

What platform are you using? PC? Console? If it's a PC game, DirectX has
API's you communicate with to interface with a wheel or any other
controller. It's a layer that deals with the drivers for the particular
hardware and gives you a standard way to talk to it. Xbox also uses DirectX,
other consoles are proprietary.