danbob5

Default ESR meter

I built the poptronics esr meter with a FAR circuit board. when i check a
regular cap it works as it should but when i check a electolitic it
generates about 5 to 10 % more voltage at the meter than when the probes
are touched and the meter is zeroed out. I have checked all componet
location & polarity 3 times and the voltages are good checked with meter &
O scope. any ideas?
Dan

Bob Parker

The first Poptronics article was absolutely riddled with drafting
errors. Later they brought out a lot of corrections. Have you
incorporated those corrections into your meter?

Bob

"danbob5" wrote:

I built the poptronics esr meter with a FAR circuit board. when i check a
regular cap it works as it should but when i check a electolitic it
generates about 5 to 10 % more voltage at the meter than when the probes
are touched and the meter is zeroed out. I have checked all componet
location & polarity 3 times and the voltages are good checked with meter &
O scope. any ideas?
Dan

Antti Panula

"danbob5" wrote:

I built the poptronics esr meter with a FAR circuit board. when i check a
regular cap it works as it should but when i check a electolitic it
generates about 5 to 10 % more voltage at the meter than when the probes
are touched and the meter is zeroed out. I have checked all componet
location & polarity 3 times and the voltages are good checked with meter &
O scope. any ideas?
Dan

Please consider buying an EVB ESR meter. This piece of equipment is great. I
don't know what is your purpose of checking ceramic or polyester caps
because they almost never wear out. Regular ohm meter should be fine for
those.

http://clientes.netvisao.pt/greenpal/

Antti
OH7GLS

Does anyone have this gas meter installed in their home? tarquinlinbin UK diy 6 April 22nd 05 10:12 AM
Gas meter regulations Chris UK diy 11 April 20th 05 05:49 PM
water meter set aside plans dave @ stejonda UK diy 10 March 19th 04 11:59 PM
munet digital electric watthour meter login problem INTERESTING TECHNOLOGY! jack morgan Home Repair 0 November 15th 03 07:21 PM
Huge water bill; freeze; meter failure; who should pay? Scoot Home Repair 10 July 22nd 03 02:51 AM