DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Multi-strand VS Solid Copper wire (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/107759-multi-strand-vs-solid-copper-wire.html)

cnctut May 30th 05 12:07 AM

Multi-strand VS Solid Copper wire

Other than flexibility and ease of routing the wire--is there any
practical advantage for using multi-strand copper wire in a 12V DC
application over insulated solid copper wire? Application is supplying
power to a 12V 6 Amp water pump.

Thanks

Tut

CJT May 30th 05 12:18 AM

cnctut wrote:
Other than flexibility and ease of routing the wire--is there any
practical advantage for using multi-strand copper wire in a 12V DC
application over insulated solid copper wire? Application is supplying
power to a 12V 6 Amp water pump.

Thanks

Tut

the flexibility might help it survive vibration, but that's just another
aspect of flexibility, so the short answer is "no"

cnctut May 30th 05 01:25 AM

CJT--

Thanks for the input.

Tut