DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony PVM-1354Q monitor focus (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/107442-sony-pvm-1354q-monitor-focus.html)

[email protected] May 26th 05 03:52 PM

Sony PVM-1354Q monitor focus

Hi all,
I have a Sony PVM-1354Q video monitor that has gone out of focus.
There is no external focus control. There is a pot on the board that
attaches to the socket for the CRT that is labeled "focus", but it
appears to have minimal effect.

Any ideas as to what I should check? I am an electrical engineer, so I
can do this without killing myself, but don't claim to be a video tech.
We have another one we are using, but I hate to scrap this unit if it
is salvagable.

Any advice?

Thanks for any ideas,
AL

Andy Cuffe May 26th 05 08:12 PM

On 26 May 2005 07:52:26 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi all,
I have a Sony PVM-1354Q video monitor that has gone out of focus.
There is no external focus control. There is a pot on the board that
attaches to the socket for the CRT that is labeled "focus", but it
appears to have minimal effect.

Any ideas as to what I should check? I am an electrical engineer, so I
can do this without killing myself, but don't claim to be a video tech.
We have another one we are using, but I hate to scrap this unit if it
is salvagable.

Any advice?

Thanks for any ideas,
AL

Is there a pot on the flyback? That's where the focus control is
normally located. If not, then either the focus voltage is wrong, or
the CRT is bad.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005

[email protected] May 27th 05 12:33 PM

Andy Cuffe wrote:
On 26 May 2005 07:52:26 -0700, "

Is there a pot on the flyback? That's where the focus control is
normally located. If not, then either the focus voltage is wrong, or
the CRT is bad.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005

There is no control on the flyback. Is there any way to tell if it is
the CRT, or is it just process of elimination?

Thanks for the help,
AL

Chuck May 27th 05 02:49 PM

On 27 May 2005 04:33:01 -0700, "
wrote:

Andy Cuffe wrote:
On 26 May 2005 07:52:26 -0700, "

Is there a pot on the flyback? That's where the focus control is
normally located. If not, then either the focus voltage is wrong, or
the CRT is bad.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005

There is no control on the flyback. Is there any way to tell if it is
the CRT, or is it just process of elimination?

Thanks for the help,

The focus pot is on the crt socket board. Chuck