DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HP N5430 laptop (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/106140-hp-n5430-laptop.html)

Andrew Tweddle May 13th 05 05:57 AM

HP N5430 laptop

I am fixing a cousins HP N5430 Pavillion laptop. It has a burnt out SO-8
FET in the bottom side corner part no PQ7 , near the power input
connector. Any one knows what it is? My guess is a Siliconix 4435?

regards Andrew

NK May 13th 05 02:51 PM

"Andrew Tweddle" wrote in message

I am fixing a cousins HP N5430 Pavillion laptop. It has a burnt out SO-8
FET in the bottom side corner part no PQ7 , near the power input
connector. Any one knows what it is? My guess is a Siliconix 4435?

regards Andrew

It is a FDS4435 and should be replaced with a FDS4435A which has higher
current rating.
HP used the regular 4435 and it cannot handle the current. Typical fault in
HP laptops.

JMK
Finland