Joe Kelleher

Default PTC Thermistor in 11AK19

I need to replace the degaussing posistor on an 11AK19 board, but knowing
little about thermistors, I don't know what to buy to replace it. The old
one is marked something like

SBC
MZ22A03M
AC230V

which doesn't tell me anything about the spec that I didn't know already.
Grandata.co.uk stock a selection, but again no specs:

PTC96006
PTC96101
PTC96116
PTC96209
PTC96211
PTC96216
PTC96616
PTC96626
PTCJ29P19

Do these numbers mean anything to anyone? Should I just pick a random
selection, and see which doesn't blow the fuse? Other posters here have
suggested these things are pretty much interchangeable between sets, making
me think this shouldn't really be a big deal.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Kelleher

I need to replace the degaussing posistor on an 11AK19 board, but
knowing little about thermistors, I don't know what to buy to replace
it.

For what it's worth - I ordered a 96211 on the offchance, and found this was
a 3-leg PTC/NTC combination, while I only needed a simple 2-leg PTC device.
However, after taking apart the 96211, identifying the PTC disc and putting
it in the original thermistor housing, the TV is working again. The discs
were about the same thickness, but the new disc is slightly smaller in
diameter.

Joe

Joe Kelleher wrote:
PTC96006
PTC96209

These 2 are equivalent to eachother and by far the most common 3 legged
Philips/BC-Components PTC types.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.