DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SGI CM2086A3SG Monitor help ? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/105736-sgi-cm2086a3sg-monitor-help.html)

AB May 9th 05 11:43 AM

SGI CM2086A3SG Monitor help ?

Hello,

I'm looking for some info on the above monitor.
It is a re-badged Hitachi unit with R-G-B inputs (Sync on green).
I wish to adapt it to suit standard SVGA with Hor & Vert Sync.

Does anyone have a Schematic ?

What is the function of switch S451 on the BNC input pcb ?

Any Help appreciated

Thanks
Andrew

Wild Bill May 9th 05 04:57 PM

I dunno about this specific model, but I assume it's a fixed-frequency
monitor, as many of the S-O-G types are.

There is info on FF monitors in the Repair org archives and there were
numerous online sites to use FF monitors on various computer types.

There was a U.S. company offering dedicated video cards, and model-specific
adapters for FF monitors. Maybe someone can provide the name, I haven't seen
it for several years.

Cheers
WB