DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony KV-35S40 NO VIDEO AUDIO OK (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/105274-sony-kv-35s40-no-video-audio-ok.html)

drradio1 May 5th 05 09:52 AM

Sony KV-35S40 NO VIDEO AUDIO OK

The set came in dead relay click only, we replaced the damaged
regulator, the HOT and the fusible resistor and resoldered the
transformers.. the set ran OK for a week now the video will go out once
in a while or the set will come on with no video audio OK.. When the
set comes on with no video we have no HV, screen voltage or filament
voltage, we turn the set off and back on again and it works fine..Any
help would be appreciated..Thanks for your time
Robert..

Art May 5th 05 11:22 AM

Did you take the horiz drive transformer out, clean it's solder legs and
check the coils in it? Then resolder it, or a replacement, to the circuit
board? Resolder the LOPT and associated connections. A good magnifying glass
may assist in finding other suspected poor solder connections. Otherwise,
the set may be going into protect mode, over voltage or over current.
oups.com...