DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Power connection polarity for JBL Platinum PC spkrs?? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/104478-power-connection-polarity-jbl-platinum-pc-spkrs.html)

LB April 27th 05 06:11 PM

Power connection polarity for JBL Platinum PC spkrs??

I have pr JBL Platinum PC speakers but no power supply. Power conn shows
12.0 volts, 1.0 amp.

No polarity shown for barrel connector. Which one is +? Inside or barrel?

LB

Franc Zabkar April 27th 05 10:45 PM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:11:34 -0500, "LB" lb put finger to keyboard
and composed:

I have pr JBL Platinum PC speakers but no power supply. Power conn shows
12.0 volts, 1.0 amp.

No polarity shown for barrel connector. Which one is +? Inside or barrel?

Open up the speaker and look for a filter capacitor. The polarity of
the cap should tell you what you need to know.

- Franc Zabkar