DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony Beta SL-HF900 VCR Playback is Black & White (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/104160-sony-beta-sl-hf900-vcr-playback-black-white.html)

VCR Gymnast April 24th 05 06:13 PM

Sony Beta SL-HF900 VCR Playback is Black & White

I have a Sony SL-HF900 SuperBeta VCR that works fine except the
playback is B&W instead of color. Tapes recorded on this VCR playback
in color on my other Betas, but known color tapes always play back in
B&W on the machine in question. I don't have the service manual for
this VCR. It would be nice to at least identify which part of which
board (e.g., the video board) is faulty.

Andy Cuffe April 29th 05 01:55 AM

On 24 Apr 2005 10:13:48 -0700, "VCR Gymnast"
wrote:

I have a Sony SL-HF900 SuperBeta VCR that works fine except the
playback is B&W instead of color. Tapes recorded on this VCR playback
in color on my other Betas, but known color tapes always play back in
B&W on the machine in question. I don't have the service manual for
this VCR. It would be nice to at least identify which part of which
board (e.g., the video board) is faulty.

I have the service manual to the Pioneer equivalent. I could scan the
chroma circuit for you.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005