DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)

[email protected] April 24th 05 04:59 PM

1) The EXACT version of the program/software/hardware you're using
- I'm using Windows Xp Home edition, and my browser is Internet
Explorer v6
2) What exactly you`re trying to do and how you`ve been trying to do it
- view the Source (HTML code) of any page on the internet, by going
to View Source in Internet Explorer.
3) What result you`ve been getting - I've been getting around 9 new
programs installed every time I click on it, saw it via Task Manager.
All some form of a virus or adware, I believe. Definitely not a normal
result of clicking View Source.
4) What exactly you`d like the program to do - I'd like View Source
to operate as it should normally operate.

Narrative:
My CPU seems bugged with a certain virus that is triggered by one event

alone. It's whenever I click on "View Source" in the VIEW menu of
Internet
Explorer. It adds around 10 new programs to the Windows Task Manager
and slows up
the whole system. I seem to be free of any signs of viruses though. My
CPU is
asymptomatic apparently. I just use "System Restore" to get my
computer back to a useable state. Any thoughts on why this is
happening? Norton Antivirus didn't detect anything as well.
Thanks!

Andrew

PS- Sorry if this is in the wrong group, but I simply cannot find a
Virus group to post in.

Ken Weitzel April 24th 05 05:19 PM

wrote:
[...]

Hi Andrew...

I suspect that you're not being plagued (sorry for the
pun) with a virus, but rather by spyware.

I'd urge you to install and run both ad-aware (freeware)
and spybot (voluntary donateware) and see what they find.

Let us know how it works out.

Ken