DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mitsubishi WS-65903 convergence problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/103828-mitsubishi-ws-65903-convergence-problem.html)

L April 22nd 05 04:18 AM

Mitsubishi WS-65903 convergence problem

The TV is a Mitsubishi 65" wide screen HDTV Projection set. Model
WS-65903. It's about 5 years old.

The original problem was a blue shadow about 4 inches to the right.
Seemed like a typical convergence problem as we'd done a couple of
very similar models recently. Never a call back.

Upon inspection of the Power Supply /Convergence board, there were the
typical broken solder joints on the two STK392-040 I.C. modules
which control the convergence correction. I ordered replacements put
them in and put the chassis back in the set. The picture looked
perfect

About a week later I got a call back. Same problem with the blue. Now
I don't see anything apparently wrong in the circuit, but I don't
just want to replace the modules, because I'm afraid they'll fail
again.

Looking for a schematic , service manual etc.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions or experience with this set I'd
appreciate any help.

Regards, Larry

you can email me at