DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   No tv headphone sound (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/103767-no-tv-headphone-sound.html)

David Sewell April 21st 05 07:59 PM

No tv headphone sound

I have a Sharp 28lf-92h tv and when I plug in a headphone I get no sound but
the built in speakers are still working. Jiggling the headphone jack plug
around in the socket has no effect. Any help please, thanks.
Regards, David

sofie April 21st 05 09:30 PM

David:
FIRST..... try another pair of headphones.
If that doesn't work then TAKE your television to a service shop for what
should be a fairly inexpensive repair.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

David Sewell April 21st 05 10:42 PM

Thanks for that. I used to do a limited amount of old style repairs. Just
that this is a graded stock set and I just underwent a repeat hernia repair
so ( even though tempted) should not be pulling a big set around yet.
Thought someone would advice if the latest designs have the headphone output
switched via a chip that would make the problem more complex than a first
guess.
Thanks, I love you:-)