DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toshiba 57" WS help needed (very much so) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/103690-toshiba-57%22-ws-help-needed-very-much-so.html)

S April 21st 05 02:47 AM

Toshiba 57" WS help needed (very much so)

I have a Toshiba 57H82 rear projection tv that has been intermittently
flickering too much red. For instance, on a black background it will take
on a reddish tinge then back to normal then reddish again, with no apparent
pattern. Its also not consistent--sometimes it does it and sometimes it
doesn't.

If it was something simple or something others have encountered I might have
a go but most likely I'll have a service guy come in and have a look. So
the point of my asking is two-fold--possible fix it myself, or Know enough
so that when the guy gets here we don't get hosed. Any suggestions or
information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Stu

S April 21st 05 02:49 AM

In case anyone is wondering those other monitors I've been asking about are
junk ones people drop off and if I can get them to work, great, if not they
go to the dump--But this is my baby...please don't make a grown man cry....