DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Panasonic NV-VHD1 Error F498 WHY? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/103210-panasonic-nv-vhd1-error-f498-why.html)

[email protected] April 18th 05 05:49 PM

Panasonic NV-VHD1 Error F498 WHY?

Does anyone know why this error might keep appearing.
I bought my Video/DVD player then after playing around three dvds
I got the error F498 which renders the DVD useless. I took it back to
the shop and they said it just needed a quick solder on the board, they
did that and it seemed fine for around 9 months. Now I'm getting the
same error message.

Mine had one of the ICs soldered which seemed to fix the problem for
around 9 months, but it back to F498 which seems to occur most of the
time and sometimes it seems to work ok. My worry is that F498 occurs
when the unit is out of warranty.

Does anyone have the same experience,what cured it, how long for?