DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   tv blows main fuse when plugged in (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/102942-tv-blows-main-fuse-when-plugged.html)

lislis13 April 16th 05 03:07 PM

tv blows main fuse when plugged in

I have a Zenith TV Model #SL2767W which keeps on blowing the main fuse. What could be causing this to blow a fuse every time? Also, where can I get a service manual for this set? Any help would be appreciated

James Sweet April 16th 05 07:49 PM

--
lislis13

Shorted component in the power supply or horizontal scan circuit most
likely. You'll have to do some troubleshooting to locate any bad parts, bare
minimum you'll need a decent multimeter and soldering equipment.

Rono April 17th 05 02:34 AM

Zeniths have a lot of trouble. Horizontal output possibly
shorted, &, or voltage regulator, could also have bad caps
in the regulator circuitry, & resistors. Pix tube can also blow
the power supply in some models. Rono.