Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default cdp distorts with cd-r, transport perfect

Hi all,
I have an Onkyo dx-6750 integra cd player, which I purcased as
defective. I cleaned it and set it up with an oscilloscope, the
transport is perfect now. Nice eye pattern, nice TE and FE signals,
seeks fast, no skipping, no problems at all, nice sound - but with
original cds only. When I try to play a cd-r disc, the transport still
reads perfectly but the sound is distorted. If I take a look at the
audio signal with the scope I see a somewhat "stepped" signal.
Now, I just can't see if it's the transport or the digital circuits
causing the problem. It's unlikely the transport because there are no
signs of any difficulties with reading the data. And it's unlikely the
digital circuits because once the data is read off of the disc I can't
see how the rest of the circuits can make difference between different
discs.
Any ideas?
m127