DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How do portable DC tv's deguass? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/102238-how-do-portable-dc-tvs-deguass.html)

S April 10th 05 01:15 PM

How do portable DC tv's deguass?

I picked up a Sony KV-8AD10 with really bad color and it almost looks like
it needs to be de-gaussed. So i opened it up to check the circuit and there
was no de-gauss coil or related circuitry. The set is supposed to take AC
as well as 12V DC, but it has since been "modified" to accept DC only. So
how do I de-gauss this thing other than manually--did old portable tv's not
have this feature?

Also could the color problem be related to the LA7650K IC? From previous
posts on this group I've heard this suggested.

Any thoughtful insights appreciated!

Stu

Dave Plowman (News) April 10th 05 02:26 PM

In article ,
S wrote:
I picked up a Sony KV-8AD10 with really bad color and it almost looks
like it needs to be de-gaussed. So i opened it up to check the circuit
and there was no de-gauss coil or related circuitry. The set is
supposed to take AC as well as 12V DC, but it has since been "modified"
to accept DC only. So how do I de-gauss this thing other than
manually--did old portable tv's not have this feature?

Think this is a problem with most 12v stuff. Some pro monitors for
location work have a 12 volt de-gauss circuit, but only the expensive ones.
Others need to be run off mains occasionally to do this - or use a tool.

--
*I like cats, too. Let's exchange recipes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Charles Schuler April 10th 05 10:13 PM

One of those big, old 350W soldering guns (not irons) degauss nicely.

Art April 11th 05 11:36 AM

A Tape Demag item will work also.
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Charles Schuler wrote:
One of those big, old 350W soldering guns (not irons) degauss nicely.

Interesting tip - I'll try it. Thanks. ;-)

--
*According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.

Mark April 11th 05 04:49 PM

you need to be able to get a good black and white picture before you
try for color.

if you can't get good b&w then you may have a demag purity convergence
etc problem.

after you get that all set and get good b&w, then you can start to
troubleshoot the color.

Mark