Steve

Default Panasonic GAOO power off problem

Hi,

I have a Panasonic GAOO 27". I think it was made in 1995 or 1996, I
can't remember which year.

Once in a while when I'd try to shut off the power, I'd hear the
shutoff engage, but instead the screen would just go purple/magenta
rather than shutting down.

Now this happens every time I try to shut down the television. Is
this a known issue? What could be the cause?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
clockmaker

Hi I have a Panasonic GAOO TELEVISION too and after about two or three
minutes it will lose the picture and sound but it doesnt turn right off so
I use the power button and I can hear it power off. When it shuts off you
can still here a sound like its still on but there is no sound or picture.
If I wait about two minutes or so I can turn it back on and it will run
again sometimes for hours without shutting off again. Does anyone know
what this could be?