Electronic Schematics (alt.binaries.schematics.electronic) A place to show and share your electronics schematic drawings.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old May 13th 16, 03:11 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2014
Posts: 45
Default I'm available for projects

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 12 May 2016 15:09:45 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

How about writing that book I've been bugging you about?


I ponder that, but I'm not sure I'd be good at writing... circuit
design is so easy for me I'm not sure I can explain how I do it ;-)


You have a granddaughter with that circuit lab kit. Eventually you will
explain things. Just think about how you will do that.

Or occupy your time by riding a bike over the Himalayas like Pease did.



  #12   Report Post  
Old May 13th 16, 04:53 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,181
Default I'm available for projects

On Fri, 13 May 2016 09:11:16 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 12 May 2016 15:09:45 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

How about writing that book I've been bugging you about?


I ponder that, but I'm not sure I'd be good at writing... circuit
design is so easy for me I'm not sure I can explain how I do it ;-)


You have a granddaughter with that circuit lab kit. Eventually you will
explain things. Just think about how you will do that.

Or occupy your time by riding a bike over the Himalayas like Pease did.


Grand_son_... 8 years old... the same one who's on the All Star Inline
Hockey Team and was just awarded a trophy for best defensive player of
the whole league ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | |
| Voice480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |
| E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |

The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance
  #13   Report Post  
Old May 16th 16, 01:29 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2014
Posts: 45
Default I'm available for projects

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2016 09:11:16 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 12 May 2016 15:09:45 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

How about writing that book I've been bugging you about?

I ponder that, but I'm not sure I'd be good at writing... circuit
design is so easy for me I'm not sure I can explain how I do it ;-)


You have a granddaughter with that circuit lab kit. Eventually you
will explain things. Just think about how you will do that.

Or occupy your time by riding a bike over the Himalayas like Pease
did.


Grand_son_... 8 years old... the same one who's on the All Star Inline
Hockey Team and was just awarded a trophy for best defensive player of
the whole league ;-)


Well then just pretend that he's going to be an engineer and not a
goalie.


  #14   Report Post  
Old May 16th 16, 04:22 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,181
Default I'm available for projects

On Mon, 16 May 2016 07:29:45 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2016 09:11:16 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 12 May 2016 15:09:45 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

How about writing that book I've been bugging you about?

I ponder that, but I'm not sure I'd be good at writing... circuit
design is so easy for me I'm not sure I can explain how I do it ;-)

You have a granddaughter with that circuit lab kit. Eventually you
will explain things. Just think about how you will do that.

Or occupy your time by riding a bike over the Himalayas like Pease
did.


Grand_son_... 8 years old... the same one who's on the All Star Inline
Hockey Team and was just awarded a trophy for best defensive player of
the whole league ;-)


Well then just pretend that he's going to be an engineer and not a
goalie.


He's super with math, and loves the circuit lab upgrade I gave him at
Christmas. But he's struggling with reading... a bit of dyslexia...
time to hire a tutor (I would do it, but he needs an authoritarian
type to keep him from deviating from work and controlling the
conversation... he's a charmer... seeks out the girls in the crowd...
and he's only 8 ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | |
| Voice480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |
| E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |

Liberalism: Dictatorship By The People Who Think They Know Best
  #15   Report Post  
Old May 16th 16, 05:22 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2014
Posts: 45
Default I'm available for projects

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2016 07:29:45 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2016 09:11:16 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 12 May 2016 15:09:45 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

How about writing that book I've been bugging you about?

I ponder that, but I'm not sure I'd be good at writing... circuit
design is so easy for me I'm not sure I can explain how I do it
;-)

You have a granddaughter with that circuit lab kit. Eventually you
will explain things. Just think about how you will do that.

Or occupy your time by riding a bike over the Himalayas like Pease
did.


Grand_son_... 8 years old... the same one who's on the All Star
Inline Hockey Team and was just awarded a trophy for best defensive
player of the whole league ;-)


Well then just pretend that he's going to be an engineer and not a
goalie.


He's super with math, and loves the circuit lab upgrade I gave him at
Christmas. But he's struggling with reading... a bit of dyslexia...
time to hire a tutor (I would do it, but he needs an authoritarian
type to keep him from deviating from work and controlling the
conversation... he's a charmer... seeks out the girls in the crowd...
and he's only 8 ;-)


I first kissed a girl at 7, and was made fun of more for that than for
doing experiments.




  #16   Report Post  
Old May 16th 16, 06:56 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Apr 2015
Posts: 911
Default I'm available for projects

On Mon, 16 May 2016 11:22:24 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2016 07:29:45 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2016 09:11:16 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 12 May 2016 15:09:45 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

How about writing that book I've been bugging you about?

I ponder that, but I'm not sure I'd be good at writing... circuit
design is so easy for me I'm not sure I can explain how I do it
;-)

You have a granddaughter with that circuit lab kit. Eventually you
will explain things. Just think about how you will do that.

Or occupy your time by riding a bike over the Himalayas like Pease
did.


Grand_son_... 8 years old... the same one who's on the All Star
Inline Hockey Team and was just awarded a trophy for best defensive
player of the whole league ;-)

Well then just pretend that he's going to be an engineer and not a
goalie.


He's super with math, and loves the circuit lab upgrade I gave him at
Christmas. But he's struggling with reading... a bit of dyslexia...
time to hire a tutor (I would do it, but he needs an authoritarian
type to keep him from deviating from work and controlling the
conversation... he's a charmer... seeks out the girls in the crowd...
and he's only 8 ;-)


I first kissed a girl at 7, and was made fun of more for that than for
doing experiments.


Today, you'd be expelled (for either).
  #17   Report Post  
Old May 16th 16, 08:22 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Aug 2011
Posts: 42
Default I'm available for projects

On 5/16/2016 9:22 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2016 07:29:45 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2016 09:11:16 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 12 May 2016 15:09:45 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

How about writing that book I've been bugging you about?

I ponder that, but I'm not sure I'd be good at writing... circuit
design is so easy for me I'm not sure I can explain how I do it ;-)

You have a granddaughter with that circuit lab kit. Eventually you
will explain things. Just think about how you will do that.

Or occupy your time by riding a bike over the Himalayas like Pease
did.


Grand_son_... 8 years old... the same one who's on the All Star Inline
Hockey Team and was just awarded a trophy for best defensive player of
the whole league ;-)


Well then just pretend that he's going to be an engineer and not a
goalie.


He's super with math, and loves the circuit lab upgrade I gave him at
Christmas. But he's struggling with reading... a bit of dyslexia...
time to hire a tutor (I would do it, but he needs an authoritarian
type to keep him from deviating from work and controlling the
conversation... he's a charmer... seeks out the girls in the crowd...
and he's only 8 ;-)

...Jim Thompson


Maybe he is gay. At that age, I doubt he is horny.

  #18   Report Post  
Old June 4th 16, 03:41 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2014
Posts: 45
Default I'm available for projects

bitrex wrote:

In the mid 1980s, Roland had International Rectifier design a
custom chip called the IR3R05 for their analog synthesisers. I
think it was a 14 pin package...it basically consisted of 4 OTA
stages like the Lm13700 configured as a 24 db/octave resonant low
pass filter with inputs for voltage controlled frequency and
resonance, along with a VCA with both linear and exponential
inputs, all on the chip. The 4 filter capacitors were mounted off
chip on the board.

What kind of job would it be to design a chip or maybe a
daughterboard that performed an equivalent function? These chips
often fail in vintage equipment and there seems to be a decent
sized market for replacements that dont require scrounging for
NOS or cannibalizing old units.


I wonder it the required components could be squeezed into a
daughterboard that would fit the space available. Might require
some vertical mounting hack.


The amps in old Tek scopes also go bad, and there's a market for
replacing them too. I suggested years ago that somebody should make a
DIP module to replace them. Today's standard op-amps could do it I bet.


  #19   Report Post  
Old June 4th 16, 07:06 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Sep 2006
Posts: 602
Default I'm available for projects

On 06/04/2016 09:41 AM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
bitrex wrote:

In the mid 1980s, Roland had International Rectifier design a
custom chip called the IR3R05 for their analog synthesisers. I
think it was a 14 pin package...it basically consisted of 4 OTA
stages like the Lm13700 configured as a 24 db/octave resonant low
pass filter with inputs for voltage controlled frequency and
resonance, along with a VCA with both linear and exponential
inputs, all on the chip. The 4 filter capacitors were mounted off
chip on the board.

What kind of job would it be to design a chip or maybe a
daughterboard that performed an equivalent function? These chips
often fail in vintage equipment and there seems to be a decent
sized market for replacements that dont require scrounging for
NOS or cannibalizing old units.


I wonder it the required components could be squeezed into a
daughterboard that would fit the space available. Might require
some vertical mounting hack.


The amps in old Tek scopes also go bad, and there's a market for
replacing them too. I suggested years ago that somebody should make a
DIP module to replace them. Today's standard op-amps could do it I bet.



A lot of Tek scopes use weirdly high supply voltages.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC
Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
  #20   Report Post  
Old June 14th 16, 02:42 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jul 2013
Posts: 640
Default I'm available for projects

On 5/12/2016 1:51 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I sit here bored out of my skull with nothing to do but play Solitaire
until the next project start on July 5 ;-)

I'm noted for custom Analog/Mixed-Signal Design and Spice Behavioral
Modeling, but I also do designs using off-the-shelf components.

No project is too small... I've even done one-day designs from
time-to-time.

Drop me an E-mail (*)

(*) Do not include attachments in your first E-mail... An E-mail not
matching an entry in my addressbook and with an attachment drops your
E-mail into a black hole.

...Jim Thompson


Did you complete the audio compressor/limiter you were working on for
a bit?
Mikek


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
diy projects to do. happy zombie jebus on the cross UK diy 28 August 26th 13 12:42 PM
Two Projects Sonny Woodworking 20 February 15th 13 10:15 PM
Need some new projects? Jerome Cooper Woodworking 3 March 10th 11 02:34 AM
do all projects end like this? Nate Nagel Home Repair 35 December 5th 07 04:29 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"

 

Copyright © 2017