DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   Cold stair lift motor (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/390654-cold-stair-lift-motor.html)

Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney February 18th 16 05:48 PM

Cold stair lift motor

I'm looking at adding a resistor or bulb inside an Acorn stair lift motor housing to keep the temperature about 40degF. The unit is in an unheated area and temps get too low for the motor to turn normally. I considered an electric blanket or pad but having an elderly person messing with something on the stairs is not a good idea. Also, there's the issue of having a separate part and cord to deal with.

Check this out and post some comments what you think. I have done this when setting up electronic devices in remote locations, installed in an insulated box with a car battery & resistor. In this case a night light bulb might be another choice.

Sketch
http://i67.tinypic.com/t9jmac.gif
http://oi67.tinypic.com/t9jmac.jpg

Jasen Betts[_2_] February 20th 16 06:40 AM

Cold stair lift motor

On 2016-02-18, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
I'm looking at adding a resistor or bulb inside an Acorn stair lift
motor housing to keep the temperature about 40degF. The unit is in an
unheated area and temps get too low for the motor to turn normally. I
considered an electric blanket or pad but having an elderly person
messing with something on the stairs is not a good idea. Also,
there's the issue of having a separate part and cord to deal with.

I'd look first at the warranty, second at the installation
instructions, and third at the lubricant.

--
\_(ツ)_