DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   Voltage Compliant Parts Updated (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/378609-voltage-compliant-parts-updated.html)

Jim Thompson[_3_] April 15th 15 09:42 PM

Voltage Compliant Parts Updated

CompliantParts.zip, on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my
website, has been updated to include subcircuit representations...
making it easier to import into LTspice...

Spice devices IDC, F and G are replaced by devices IDCLC, FLC and GLC

These current-output devices exhibit real-world behavior... they will
not pull their outputs to negative infinity. They stop pulling
current at a voltage defined by COMPLIANCE with a transition to zero
current over a span defined by TRANSITION.

All derivatives exist and are continuous... thus no convergence
problems.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

John Larkin[_3_] April 15th 15 10:50 PM

Voltage Compliant Parts Updated

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:42:45 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

CompliantParts.zip, on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my
website, has been updated to include subcircuit representations...
making it easier to import into LTspice...

Spice devices IDC, F and G are replaced by devices IDCLC, FLC and GLC

These current-output devices exhibit real-world behavior... they will
not pull their outputs to negative infinity. They stop pulling
current at a voltage defined by COMPLIANCE with a transition to zero
current over a span defined by TRANSITION.

Negative resistance?

All derivatives exist and are continuous... thus no convergence
problems.

...Jim Thompson

LT Spice allows a current source to have the "active load" attribute,
where it can't generate power. There is also a "load" component, which
looks like a current source to me, just a different symbol.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Jim Thompson[_3_] April 15th 15 10:57 PM

Voltage Compliant Parts Updated

wrote:

CompliantParts.zip, on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my
website, has been updated to include subcircuit representations...
making it easier to import into LTspice...

Spice devices IDC, F and G are replaced by devices IDCLC, FLC and GLC

These current-output devices exhibit real-world behavior... they will
not pull their outputs to negative infinity. They stop pulling
current at a voltage defined by COMPLIANCE with a transition to zero
current over a span defined by TRANSITION.

Negative resistance?

No. As the headroom reduces so does the available current drive...
just like a real current sink.