Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

Default Filter Design Software

I need a filter with the following specs:

Center frequency: 2MHz
Nose Bandwidth (-3dB): 20kHz
-60dB Bandwidth: 40kHz

Cauer/Elliptic type would be fine

Need: Pole locations, A+jB, Zero locations.

The free software out there won't do more than third order.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

On 1/27/2015 11:33 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I need a filter with the following specs:

Center frequency: 2MHz
Nose Bandwidth (-3dB): 20kHz
-60dB Bandwidth: 40kHz

Cauer/Elliptic type would be fine

Need: Pole locations, A+jB, Zero locations.

The free software out there won't do more than third order.

...Jim Thompson

Pull down Zverev.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
On 1/27/2015 11:33 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I need a filter with the following specs:

Center frequency: 2MHz
Nose Bandwidth (-3dB): 20kHz
-60dB Bandwidth: 40kHz

Cauer/Elliptic type would be fine

Need: Pole locations, A+jB, Zero locations.

The free software out there won't do more than third order.

...Jim Thompson

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

On 1/27/2015 11:33 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I need a filter with the following specs:

Center frequency: 2MHz
Nose Bandwidth (-3dB): 20kHz
-60dB Bandwidth: 40kHz

Cauer/Elliptic type would be fine

Need: Pole locations, A+jB, Zero locations.

The free software out there won't do more than third order.

...Jim Thompson

Pull down Zverev.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

[snip]

My copy is still in a moving box somewhere :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

I find,
http://seventransistorlabs.com/Images/Elliptic.png
get the transfer function yourself.