Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

Default Spice Model for ADI 500MHz Four-Quadrant Multiplier Added to my Website

A Spice Model for the ADI 500MHz Four-Quadrant Multiplier has been
added (AD834_SPICE_Model.zip) to the Device Models & Subcircuits Page
of my Website, with...

* Improper modeling syntax corrected by Jim Thompson on 2015_01_16:
*
* " ...subcircuit definitions cannot
* be nested. That is, a .SUBCKT statement cannot appear in the
* statements between a .SUBCKT and a .ENDS."
*
* Also fixed multiple floating node issues by adding 1G R's to node 0.

Works properly now :-}

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

Default Spice Model for AD834 - DON'T USE

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 13:17:06 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

A Spice Model for the ADI 500MHz Four-Quadrant Multiplier has been
added (AD834_SPICE_Model.zip) to the Device Models & Subcircuits Page
of my Website, with...

* Improper modeling syntax corrected by Jim Thompson on 2015_01_16:
*
* " ...subcircuit definitions cannot
* be nested. That is, a .SUBCKT statement cannot appear in the
* statements between a .SUBCKT and a .ENDS."
*
* Also fixed multiple floating node issues by adding 1G R's to node 0.

Works properly now :-}

Only at audio frequencies :-( Further checking shows ridiculously
wrong bias currents. Looks like all I managed to cure was Spice
spitting out syntax and floating node errors :-(

MY APOLOGIES... DON'T USE UNTIL I ROLL MY OWN.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

A Spice Model for the ADI 500MHz Four-Quadrant Multiplier has been
added (AD834_SPICE_Model.zip) to the Device Models & Subcircuits Page
of my Website, with...

* Improper modeling syntax corrected by Jim Thompson on 2015_01_16:
*
* " ...subcircuit definitions cannot
* be nested. That is, a .SUBCKT statement cannot appear in the
* statements between a .SUBCKT and a .ENDS."
*
* Also fixed multiple floating node issues by adding 1G R's to node 0.

Works properly now :-}

...Jim Thompson

AD834 is old and expensive!

Did you look at AN-212? It has a bunch of transistor-level detail.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

A Spice Model for the ADI 500MHz Four-Quadrant Multiplier has been
added (AD834_SPICE_Model.zip) to the Device Models & Subcircuits Page
of my Website, with...

* Improper modeling syntax corrected by Jim Thompson on 2015_01_16:
*
* " ...subcircuit definitions cannot
* be nested. That is, a .SUBCKT statement cannot appear in the
* statements between a .SUBCKT and a .ENDS."
*
* Also fixed multiple floating node issues by adding 1G R's to node 0.

Works properly now :-}

...Jim Thompson

AD834 is old and expensive!

Did you look at AN-212? It has a bunch of transistor-level detail.

AN-212 is an AppNote. Is there a better multiplier than AD834? I
need good performance at 210MHz.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

A Spice Model for the ADI 500MHz Four-Quadrant Multiplier has been
added (AD834_SPICE_Model.zip) to the Device Models & Subcircuits Page
of my Website, with...

* Improper modeling syntax corrected by Jim Thompson on 2015_01_16:
*
* " ...subcircuit definitions cannot
* be nested. That is, a .SUBCKT statement cannot appear in the
* statements between a .SUBCKT and a .ENDS."
*
* Also fixed multiple floating node issues by adding 1G R's to node 0.

Works properly now :-}

...Jim Thompson

AD834 is old and expensive!

Did you look at AN-212? It has a bunch of transistor-level detail.

AN-212 is an AppNote.

Yes, I believe it is.

Is there a better multiplier than AD834? I
need good performance at 210MHz.

Tons of them. AD8343. ADL5391. Lots more.

Linear Tech. TI.

There are a bunch of IQ modulators that have built-in 90 degree phase
shifters that work over a wide frequency range. I can't imagine how
they manage that. TRF3701. LTC5588-1. ADL5386.

I'm considering using a fast multiplier, like the ADL5391, for my fast
variable-height pulse generator, if I can't find a cheaper way to do
it.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

Informed by ADI that the AD834 model posted on the web "was not an
official release", and I had an immediate need, I rolled my own...

AD834_JT_SUBCKT.zip

on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website.

For the moment LTspice _only_.

Comments most welcome, I want to get these sort of animals modeled
correctly.

...Jim Thompson