Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Lithium battery capacities (18650).

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 18:25:32 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

Having discovered that recycling bins in various shops are a good source of
lithium battery packs that can be put to various uses, I notice quite a
spread in claimed Ah capacities on the information labels.

The first aquisition was labelled "5.2Ah" - there weren't any parallel
combinations as it contained an uneven number of cells.

The next rescue was marked "4.2Ah", and contained 3 sets of parallel pairs -
so I assume the individual cell capacity is 2.1Ah.

The next was lowest yet at 2.0Ah.

This seems to be quite a spread for apparently identical cells, so I'm
wondering if I'm missing something?!

Yep. You're missing 2 things.
1. You posted your question in the wrong newsgroup.
2. All the battery capacities that you've found in the dumpster are
probably lies.

I tested an Ultrafire 18650 cell:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/LiPo/
For a 3000 ma-hr battery, I obtained a capacity of about 900 ma-hr at
1.3Amps:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/LiPo/Ultrafire%20LiPo%203000%20ma-hr%2018650%20test.jpg
The 1.3A is the current drain of the flashlight using the battery and
is somewhat higher than the normal test current.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

news
wrote:

Having discovered that recycling bins in various shops are a good source
of
lithium battery packs that can be put to various uses, I notice quite a
spread in claimed Ah capacities on the information labels.

The first aquisition was labelled "5.2Ah" - there weren't any parallel
combinations as it contained an uneven number of cells.

The next rescue was marked "4.2Ah", and contained 3 sets of parallel
pairs -
so I assume the individual cell capacity is 2.1Ah.

The next was lowest yet at 2.0Ah.

This seems to be quite a spread for apparently identical cells, so I'm
wondering if I'm missing something?!

Yep. You're missing 2 things.
1. You posted your question in the wrong newsgroup.

Its about electronics - so not as OT as most of the junk JT posts.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Having discovered that recycling bins in various shops are a good source
of
lithium battery packs that can be put to various uses, I notice quite a
spread in claimed Ah capacities on the information labels.

The first aquisition was labelled "5.2Ah" - there weren't any parallel
combinations as it contained an uneven number of cells.

The next rescue was marked "4.2Ah", and contained 3 sets of parallel
pairs -
so I assume the individual cell capacity is 2.1Ah.

The next was lowest yet at 2.0Ah.

This seems to be quite a spread for apparently identical cells, so I'm
wondering if I'm missing something?!

Yep. You're missing 2 things.
1. You posted your question in the wrong newsgroup.

Its about electronics - so not as OT as most of the junk JT posts.

---
What a despicable, trouble making little worm you are.

John Fields
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

An unfed worm shrivels up and can't find a podium :-}

Just step on it if it offends.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

That's quite an emotional outburst just sticking up for your boyfreind!