Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Sony tape deck to computer input

I have recently inherited a Sony tc-350 tape deck and some reel to reel
tapes.

Googleing I have found that I can not just plug the output of the tape
deck into the MIC input of my laptop.

Looking for circuits that would allow for this seems to have long
disappeared, or I am just not using the correct Google search terms.

As I no longer have a desk top computer ( 4 laptops ), none have a
Line-in jack.

Does anyone have a simple circuit to match these old-school and
new-school devices ?

I have also seen some USB audio devices, does anyone has a suggestion as
to which device works well.

thanks

hamilton
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 10/27/2014 4:05 PM, hamilton wrote:
I have recently inherited a Sony tc-350 tape deck and some reel to reel
tapes.

Googleing I have found that I can not just plug the output of the tape
deck into the MIC input of my laptop.

Looking for circuits that would allow for this seems to have long
disappeared, or I am just not using the correct Google search terms.

As I no longer have a desk top computer ( 4 laptops ), none have a
Line-in jack.

Does anyone have a simple circuit to match these old-school and
new-school devices ?

I have also seen some USB audio devices, does anyone has a suggestion as
to which device works well.

thanks

hamilton

It looks like my laptop (Dell) has line-in and mic input on the same jack.

Audacity works fine.