DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   TD2003 Spice Model Posted to my Site (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/373983-td2003-spice-model-posted-my-site.html)

Jim Thompson[_3_] September 5th 14 04:30 PM

TD2003 Spice Model Posted to my Site

A preliminary cut to a TD2003 Spice Model has been posted to my
website...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/TDA2003.zip

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Jim Thompson[_3_] September 5th 14 04:37 PM

TDA2003 Spice Model Posted to my Site

On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 08:30:49 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

TDA TDA TDA :-(

A preliminary cut to a TDA2003 Spice Model has been posted to my

John S[_4_] September 5th 14 06:11 PM

On 9/5/2014 10:30 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
A preliminary cut to a TD2003 Spice Model has been posted to my
website...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/TDA2003.zip

...Jim Thompson

The thread "$16 minimum wage for burger servers?" is more entertaining,
but thanks anyway.

Jim Thompson[_3_] September 5th 14 10:46 PM

TDA2003 Spice Model Re-Posted to my Site

I have re-posted the TDA2003 subcircuit, eliminating one of the LIMIT
(*) functions that I suspect is causing LTspice to lock-up on John
Woodgate's current-drive amplifier...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/TDA2003.zip

replacing that function with my smoother TANH approach.

Let me know how that plays.

If there's still an issue within LTspice, I'll rework the SLEW LIMIT
as well.

(*) The use of LIMIT dates back to when I didn't know any better :-[
.... all my recent models use TANH for any bounding needs. (LIMIT
works in PSpice, but I've grown to distrust it.)

...Jim Thompson

Kevin Aylward[_4_] September 6th 14 08:30 AM

TDA2003 Spice Model Re-Posted to my Site

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
.. .

I have re-posted the TDA2003 subcircuit, eliminating one of the LIMIT
(*) functions that I suspect is causing LTspice to lock-up on John
Woodgate's current-drive amplifier...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/TDA2003.zip

replacing that function with my smoother TANH approach.

Yep. One of the reasons why I never bothered to implement the if-else
construct that the uninitiated put into PSpice, and was copied over to
LTSpice, in SS.

Discontinuous functions and discontinuous derivative functions are an
accident waiting to happen.

Kevin Aylward
www.kevinaylward.co.uk
www.anasoft.co.uk - SuperSpice

Jim Thompson[_3_] September 6th 14 03:54 PM

TDA2003 Spice Model Re-Posted to my Site

On Sat, 6 Sep 2014 08:30:29 +0100, "Kevin Aylward"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
. ..

I have re-posted the TDA2003 subcircuit, eliminating one of the LIMIT
(*) functions that I suspect is causing LTspice to lock-up on John
Woodgate's current-drive amplifier...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/TDA2003.zip

replacing that function with my smoother TANH approach.

Yep. One of the reasons why I never bothered to implement the if-else
construct that the uninitiated put into PSpice, and was copied over to
LTSpice, in SS.

Discontinuous functions and discontinuous derivative functions are an
accident waiting to happen.

Kevin Aylward
www.kevinaylward.co.uk
www.anasoft.co.uk - SuperSpice

Yep. The surprise was that LIMIT works in PSpice effortlessly without
any OP convergence issues, but throws LTspice into fits where it gives
up.

However, I _do_ use IF/THEN/ELSE to set parameters that don't change
during a simulation run.

...Jim Thompson