Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

Default Twiddling Thumbs

Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs...

I am seeking consulting projects.

See my website for my skill set.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 10:11:37 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs...

I am seeking consulting projects.

See my website for my skill set.

Sent emails to all your past customers letting them know that if they
need you, you're available?

Maybe it's time to start your own semiconductor company -- figure out
what's missing from the TinyLogic lineup (a decent 3-state phase
comparator would be my first choice), make it, and sell it.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 12:54:55 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 10:11:37 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs...

I am seeking consulting projects.

See my website for my skill set.

Sent emails to all your past customers letting them know that if they
need you, you're available?

Maybe it's time to start your own semiconductor company -- figure out
what's missing from the TinyLogic lineup (a decent 3-state phase
comparator would be my first choice), make it, and sell it.

I've toyed with that idea.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

On 14-06-15 11:54 AM, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 10:11:37 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs...

I am seeking consulting projects.

See my website for my skill set.

Sent emails to all your past customers letting them know that if they
need you, you're available?

During High School years, I had a night time job delivering Pizzas.
During really slow periods, we got creative. A look at the previous
month's orders gave phone numbers and addresses.

We'd call the numbers to confirm a non existent order. These calls
triggered an impulse to buy in about forty percent of the people called.
Apologies were given to all for the 'mix up' in the receipt boxes.

It's not something I'm particularly proud of having done....the need for
disposable cash made it happen. Am I going to Hell with all the Monsanto
executives?

mike

--
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my
reasons for them!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 10:11:37 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs...

I am seeking consulting projects.

See my website for my skill set.

Sent emails to all your past customers letting them know that if they
need you, you're available?

Maybe it's time to start your own semiconductor company -- figure out
what's missing from the TinyLogic lineup (a decent 3-state phase
comparator would be my first choice), make it, and sell it.

I want a low-skew true/complement buffer or gate.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs...

I am seeking consulting projects.

See my website for my skill set.

...Jim Thompson

I have the opposite problem, so much work I can't see straight. Mostly
new projects from old customers, but some new ones too. It's
astonishing how much business you can get from a few important people
who like you.

I just hired two kids, one male MSEE from around here, one female BSEE
who recently graduated from a college in Mexico. Both are smart and
nice and seem to have really good analog instincts, but training them
of course takes more time than doing things myself; it's an
investment.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 10:11:37 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs...

I am seeking consulting projects.

See my website for my skill set.

Sent emails to all your past customers letting them know that if they
need you, you're available?

Maybe it's time to start your own semiconductor company -- figure out
what's missing from the TinyLogic lineup (a decent 3-state phase
comparator would be my first choice), make it, and sell it.

I want a low-skew true/complement buffer or gate.

Well-designed XOR's do that... particularly ECL/PECL.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs...

I am seeking consulting projects.

See my website for my skill set.

...Jim Thompson

I have the opposite problem, so much work I can't see straight. Mostly
new projects from old customers, but some new ones too. It's
astonishing how much business you can get from a few important people
who like you.

I just hired two kids, one male MSEE from around here, one female BSEE
who recently graduated from a college in Mexico. Both are smart and
nice and seem to have really good analog instincts, but training them
of course takes more time than doing things myself; it's an
investment.

Training today's crop of engineering graduates analog is quite a
challenge.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

On 6/15/2014 1:11 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs...

I am seeking consulting projects.

See my website for my skill set.

...Jim Thompson

Time to start writing that book we were talking about a few years back.

No time like the present.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 19:44:40 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 6/15/2014 1:11 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs...

I am seeking consulting projects.

See my website for my skill set.

...Jim Thompson

Time to start writing that book we were talking about a few years back.

No time like the present.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

I thought I'd wait until 85 :-}

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

On 6/15/2014 1:11 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs...

I am seeking consulting projects.

See my website for my skill set.

...Jim Thompson

Time to start writing that book we were talking about a few years back.

No time like the present.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

I thought I'd wait until 85 :-}

...Jim Thompson

Lazy slob. I started in 1994, and sent it off to the publishers in 1998.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Linux - thumbs down robgraham UK diy 156 May 3rd 14 09:47 AM
Delivery companies, thumbs up Broadback[_3_] UK diy 21 August 21st 13 06:35 PM
Aldi Jigsaw - tentative thumbs-up. David Paste[_2_] UK diy 0 October 12th 10 05:50 PM
Thumbs up on Aldi Jigsaw George UK diy 6 September 20th 08 02:09 PM
Opposable thumbs are good Greg Postma Metalworking 9 August 15th 05 09:17 PM