Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default Interesting First Cut at Spice Modeling of TLP191B

Interesting First Cut at Spice Modeling of TLP191B...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/TLP191B_2014-04-06.pdf

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 13:14:32 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Interesting First Cut at Spice Modeling of TLP191B...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/TLP191B_2014-04-06.pdf

Datasheet comparison now added.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
.. .

Interesting First Cut at Spice Modeling of TLP191B...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/TLP191B_2014-04-06.pdf

Tanh very useful. However... I haven't run your model, but it looks like
you have omitted input diode modelling. The clue is that I don't see any
Diode model with N !=1

I did this model for a H11FXM opto a while back. Matches DC curves very
well.

..SUBCKT h11fxm_XN 1 2 3 4
*
B1 3 4 i=0.04*tanh(20*V(3,4))*I(V1)
D1 1 5 DMod
V1 5 2 DC 0
c1 3 4 10p
c2 1 3 0.2p
c3 2 4 0.2p
..model DMod D(is=1p Rs=3 CJO=50p Tt=10n Bv=50 Ibv=0 N=2.15)
..ENDS

http://www.kevinaylward.co.uk/ee/misc/H11FXM.png

Kevin Aylward B.Sc.

www.anasoft.co.uk
SuperSpice

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 7 Apr 2014 18:58:47 +0100, "Kevin Aylward"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
. ..

Interesting First Cut at Spice Modeling of TLP191B...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/TLP191B_2014-04-06.pdf

Tanh very useful. However... I haven't run your model, but it looks like
you have omitted input diode modelling. The clue is that I don't see any
Diode model with N !=1

I did this model for a H11FXM opto a while back. Matches DC curves very
well.

.SUBCKT h11fxm_XN 1 2 3 4
*
B1 3 4 i=0.04*tanh(20*V(3,4))*I(V1)
D1 1 5 DMod
V1 5 2 DC 0
c1 3 4 10p
c2 1 3 0.2p
c3 2 4 0.2p
.model DMod D(is=1p Rs=3 CJO=50p Tt=10n Bv=50 Ibv=0 N=2.15)
.ENDS

http://www.kevinaylward.co.uk/ee/misc/H11FXM.png

Thanks, Kevin, I'll try that out.

Kevin Aylward B.Sc.

www.anasoft.co.uk
SuperSpice

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

Here's a quick sim I did of an optocoupler with its output clamped to
make it faster. I hacked an LT Spice library part to sim the Avago
coupler with variable CTR. It matches the hardware behavior pretty
well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Input_Sim.jpg

That particular run is a sweep to determine the voltage threshold.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

TLP191B_Subcircuit.pdf

is now available on the Device Models & Subcircuits page of my
website.

...Jim Thompson