Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default COOL HV Generator ala Larkin - COOL_HV_ala_Larkin.png

In S.E.D, in message...

From: John Larkin
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: cool high voltage generator
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 19:31:26 -0700
John Larkin posted...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mps/HV_GEN.jpg

and implied a bad model... but it was not...

What happened is that the pin order was incorrect, and all that
happened is that Larkin simply simulated some capacitance.

It took me awhile to figure it out, but the clue is the 20ns
simulation duration.

In LTspice, with proper pin order, the transient response runs
quickly. See the attachment. At such a ramp-up speed on the power
supply, I'm surprised there's even a meaningful result.

I did note, since I first tested this with a DC sweep, PSpice
completed the DC sweep simulation in 11.45 seconds, with a sweep from
5V to 1K, in 0.1V steps.

LTspice struggled dramatically. To get it to run in LTspice, in a
decent amount of time, I had to choose "alternate solver" and use 1V
steps... 1490.7 seconds run time :-(

I don't know yet why the ADA4817 model befuddled LTspice.

I'll keep checking.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Attached Thumbnails
COOL HV Generator ala Larkin - COOL_HV_ala_Larkin.png-cool_hv_ala_larkin-png