DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   Boost Converter Efficiency Improvements - TEK0001.jpg (0/1) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/359341-re-boost-converter-efficiency-improvements-tek0001-jpg-0-1-a.html)

Ian Field June 26th 13 10:30 PM

Boost Converter Efficiency Improvements - TEK0001.jpg (0/1)

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
Nasty awful diode recovery.

A'course, a schottky isn't any better due to capacitance.

SiC rectifiers are supposed to be all the rage, but I've heard they have a
large Vf, and I've no idea how much junction capacitance.

Tim Williams June 27th 13 04:21 AM

"Ian Field" wrote in message
SiC rectifiers are supposed to be all the rage, but I've heard they
have a large Vf, and I've no idea how much junction capacitance.

Less than Si schottky, but about proportionally so. PNs still win on
capacitance (which can matter more than recovery in certain applications,
not this of course).

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.