Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default Burp!

My latest concoction...

Lemondrop Martini

2 oz Sprite
2 oz Vodka
2 oz Limoncello
2 oz Cointreau

Shake with ice and strain, makes two

Garnish with Maraschino Cherry

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Jameson's on the rocks rocks!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On 11/25/2012 05:20 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
My latest concoction...

Lemondrop Martini

2 oz Sprite
2 oz Vodka
2 oz Limoncello
2 oz Cointreau

Shake with ice and strain, makes two

Garnish with Maraschino Cherry

...Jim Thompson

Hello, and IMO there should be only two alcoholic ingredients in a
Martini - gin and dry vermouth (and very little of the latter!). Trust
Gen-X to *******ize this classic drink. Some bartenders these days
don't know the difference between a Martini and a Gibson. Sorry, Jim,
you might have created something drinkable but a Martini it ain't. Now
for cute desserts served in a Martini glass... Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail:
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 06:38:28 -0500, "J.B. Wood"
wrote:

On 11/25/2012 05:20 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
My latest concoction...

Lemondrop Martini

2 oz Sprite
2 oz Vodka
2 oz Limoncello
2 oz Cointreau

Shake with ice and strain, makes two

Garnish with Maraschino Cherry

...Jim Thompson

Hello, and IMO there should be only two alcoholic ingredients in a
Martini - gin and dry vermouth (and very little of the latter!). Trust
Gen-X to *******ize this classic drink. Some bartenders these days
don't know the difference between a Martini and a Gibson. Sorry, Jim,
you might have created something drinkable but a Martini it ain't. Now
for cute desserts served in a Martini glass... Sincerely,

Sheeesh! I have an inch-thick "dictionary" of "Martini" recipes.

My favorite is FDR's "Dirty Martini"... gin plus a dribble of brine
from the olive jar ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
My favorite is FDR's "Dirty Martini"... gin plus a dribble of brine
from the olive jar ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Never heard of "dirty martini" till my Daughter-in-law from Kansas joined
the family. Guess that's how she stays so thin- gets her salt in the drink
and doesn't need pretzels... an important source of iodine :-))

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 11:03:50 -0500, "Oppie" wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
My favorite is FDR's "Dirty Martini"... gin plus a dribble of brine
from the olive jar ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Never heard of "dirty martini" till my Daughter-in-law from Kansas joined
the family. Guess that's how she stays so thin- gets her salt in the drink
and doesn't need pretzels... an important source of iodine :-))

I first heard of the "dirty martini" while reading a book of martini
recipes. (And recalled FDR pictured a lot with a martini in his
hand.)

Side note:

My suspicions were correct when I noted all five of the granddaughters
whispering to each other and giggling... the oldest granddaughter, 23,
and her boy friend, announced their engagement this past weekend :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On 12/6/2012 11:03 AM, Oppie wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
My favorite is FDR's "Dirty Martini"... gin plus a dribble of brine
from the olive jar ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Never heard of "dirty martini" till my Daughter-in-law from Kansas
joined the family. Guess that's how she stays so thin- gets her salt in
the drink and doesn't need pretzels... an important source of iodine :-))

Salt is only a source of iodine if it is added or the salt is made from
sea water. Often the salt used in anything commercial doesn't have it.
So she needs to have the pretzels too just to make sure... or do they
add iodine to olives these days?

Rick
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

flipper wrote:

On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 18:09:17 -0500, rickman wrote:

On 12/6/2012 11:03 AM, Oppie wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
My favorite is FDR's "Dirty Martini"... gin plus a dribble of brine
from the olive jar ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Never heard of "dirty martini" till my Daughter-in-law from Kansas
joined the family. Guess that's how she stays so thin- gets her salt in
the drink and doesn't need pretzels... an important source of iodine :-))

Salt is only a source of iodine if it is added or the salt is made from
sea water. Often the salt used in anything commercial doesn't have it.
So she needs to have the pretzels too just to make sure... or do they
add iodine to olives these days?

Rick

While sea salt usually has some iodine if that's your primary source
it isn't enough.

'Normally' one gets iodine from what is called 'a healthy diet' but
difficulties in achieving this 'ideal' arrangement is precisely the
reason for 'iodized' table salt.

The reason for iodized salt was to prevent Goiter.