Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default RC5 IR remote decoder using 12 LEDs (from seb)

Bill,

I used the information at:

http://wiki.altium.com/display/ADOH/...ssion+Protocol

to build a model for the remote control, and it sends that bit stream
in the sim I've attached.

I've also simulated the circuit you mentioned using a variable modulus
counter and a shift register and latch to grab and store the data.

I don't have an HC595 SPICE model so I used '164's and '273's instead.

It looks like everything works well, but the sim is very slow... it
takes a few hours to get to finally latch the 12 bits.

Just for fun I drew a schematic showing the '595's and it's attached
as well.

If you're actually going to build this thing, there are quite a few 16
bit constant-current shift-register-latch-LED drivers out there you
could substitute for the '595's.

Enjoy!

--
JF

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Decoder.pdf (94.1 KB, 48 views)