Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default Crazy Need of the Week

I need an adapter that adapts an E11 (mini candelabra) BULB to an E12
(candelabra) socket.

All I seem to find are bass-ackwards.

Does such a thing exist?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:
I need an adapter that adapts an E11 (mini candelabra) BULB to an E12
(candelabra) socket.

All I seem to find are bass-ackwards.

Does such a thing exist?

...Jim Thompson

GooGull (the baby bird) sez:
http://www.bulborama.com/MINI-CANDEL...ADE-p1954.html

http://www.dhgate.com/e11-to-e12-ada...ea387066d.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?keyw...aws-amazon-aps

http://www.topbulb.com/find/Product_...ductID_E_56523

There are others..

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

I need an adapter that adapts an E11 (mini candelabra) BULB to an E12
(candelabra) socket.

All I seem to find are bass-ackwards.

Does such a thing exist?

...Jim Thompson

http://www.dhgate.com/e11-to-e12-ada...5036b5e20.html

scroll down for more options.

Yawn..

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 17:18:05 -0800, Robert Baer
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
I need an adapter that adapts an E11 (mini candelabra) BULB to an E12
(candelabra) socket.

All I seem to find are bass-ackwards.

Does such a thing exist?

...Jim Thompson

GooGull (the baby bird) sez:
http://www.bulborama.com/MINI-CANDEL...ADE-p1954.html

The above is just exactly the OPPOSITE of what I need. It says,
"Allows for the use of candelabra base bulbs in mini candelabra E11
socket fixtures. Simply screw the socket adapter into your current E11
type mini candelabra base socket and you are ready to use an E12
candelabra base bulb."

I need to use a mini (E11) candelabra bulb in an E12 fixture.

Your other links are just like I already found :-(

Thanks for trying!

http://www.dhgate.com/e11-to-e12-ada...ea387066d.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?keyw...aws-amazon-aps

http://www.topbulb.com/find/Product_...ductID_E_56523

There are others..

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

If i remember right, the Amazon link has both ways.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

I don't think so, but I'll double-check. Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

"Martin Riddle" wrote in message

"Jamie" t wrote in
message ...
Jim Thompson wrote:

I need an adapter that adapts an E11 (mini candelabra) BULB to an E12
(candelabra) socket.

All I seem to find are bass-ackwards.

Does such a thing exist?

...Jim Thompson

http://www.dhgate.com/e11-to-e12-ada...5036b5e20.html

scroll down for more options.

Yawn..

Jamie

$500 ?
Yeah, 500 pieces. Maynard should learn to read everything before doing
anything.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

I need an adapter that adapts an E11 (mini candelabra) BULB to an E12
(candelabra) socket.

All I seem to find are bass-ackwards.

Does such a thing exist?

...Jim Thompson

http://www.dhgate.com/e11-to-e12-ada...5036b5e20.html

scroll down for more options.

Yawn..

Jamie

$500 ?
Yeah, 500 pieces. Maynard should learn to read everything before doing
anything.

My reading is not an issue, your understanding of the question is..

The question was " Does such a think exist", and yes, it does and it
was shown..

Don't go out swinging until you know what you're swinging at, it may
swing back and the repercussions may not be enjoyable.

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 01:44:11 -0600, flipper wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I need an adapter that adapts an E11 (mini candelabra) BULB to an E12
(candelabra) socket.

All I seem to find are bass-ackwards.

Does such a thing exist?

...Jim Thompson

http://www.dhgate.com/e11-to-e12-ada...5036b5e20.html

scroll down for more options.

Yawn..

Jamie

$500 ?
Yeah, 500 pieces. Maynard should learn to read everything before doing
anything.

My reading is not an issue, your understanding of the question is..

The question was " Does such a think exist", and yes, it does and it
was shown..

Don't go out swinging until you know what you're swinging at, it may
swing back and the repercussions may not be enjoyable.

Jamie

Everyone in this branch seems to have missed the fact that the drawing
says it adapts an E12 bulb to an E11 socket; which is, as Jim calls
it, "bass-ackwards" from what he's looking for.

Yep. Even the vendors, when called, interpret the need incorrectly.
Looks like I just need to re-wire :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

Yep. Even the vendors, when called, interpret the need incorrectly.
Looks like I just need to re-wire :-(

I saw the sockets for about $7 each on one lamp supply website, but I
don't remember where.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On 06/11/2012 23:58, Jim Thompson wrote:
I need an adapter that adapts an E11 (mini candelabra) BULB to an E12
(candelabra) socket.

All I seem to find are bass-ackwards.

Does such a thing exist?

...Jim Thompson

Probably not, there's only 1mm diameter difference and the threads are
different. Wrap some tinfoil around the screw and jam it in. We won't tell.

Cheers
--
Syd
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 11:01:09 -0600, flipper wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Unless I'm misreading it this one looks like it has the right basing.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...519714531.html

Looks like it, but plastic "threads". My Halogen's will melt that in
just a few minutes :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 12:17:10 -0600, flipper wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

At least I passed the "found one" challenge

Here's another one, The title says "ceramic" but the spec says PBT
again (blooming Chinese). Still, the base itself is metal.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...610048988.html

This one says Bakelite and 165 C (but who trusts the Chinese?)
http://vitton.en.alibaba.com/product...ampholder.html

You've become my favorite search "engine" :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

flipper wrote:

At least I passed the "found one" challenge

Here's another one, The title says "ceramic" but the spec says PBT
again (blooming Chinese). Still, the base itself is metal.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...610048988.html

This one says Bakelite and 165 C (but who trusts the Chinese?)
http://vitton.en.alibaba.com/product...ampholder.html

You've become my favorite search "engine" :-)

http://www.elightbulbs.com/Westinghouse-22369-HALOGEN-MINI-CAN-LAMP-HOLDER-WITH-FLANGE-Socket-Lamp-Holder
$4.59 each.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 14:08:42 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

flipper wrote:

At least I passed the "found one" challenge

Here's another one, The title says "ceramic" but the spec says PBT
again (blooming Chinese). Still, the base itself is metal.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...610048988.html

This one says Bakelite and 165 C (but who trusts the Chinese?)
http://vitton.en.alibaba.com/product...ampholder.html

You've become my favorite search "engine" :-)

http://www.elightbulbs.com/Westinghouse-22369-HALOGEN-MINI-CAN-LAMP-HOLDER-WITH-FLANGE-Socket-Lamp-Holder
$4.59 each.

Good one!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Yes, and if you scrolled down like I said, the chart was there for the
other ones..

Like most, you only see what you want.

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 19:31:47 -0600, flipper wrote:

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 17:36:52 -0500, Jamie
wrote:

flipper wrote:
On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 21:35:42 -0500, Jamie
t wrote:

[snip]

Don't go out swinging until you know what you're swinging at, it may
swing back and the repercussions may not be enjoyable.

Jamie

Everyone in this branch seems to have missed the fact that the drawing
says it adapts an E12 bulb to an E11 socket; which is, as Jim calls
it, "bass-ackwards" from what he's looking for.

Yes, and if you scrolled down like I said, the chart was there for the
other ones..

Like most, you only see what you want.

Jamie

I saw that you pasted a link to the wrong one.

Jamie exposed as a village idiot, yet again :-}

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

t wrote:

flipper wrote:

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 21:35:42 -0500, Jamie
jamie_ka1lpa_not_valid_after_ka1lpa_@charter. net wrote:

[snip]

Don't go out swinging until you know what you're swinging at, it may
swing back and the repercussions may not be enjoyable.

Jamie

Everyone in this branch seems to have missed the fact that the drawing
says it adapts an E12 bulb to an E11 socket; which is, as Jim calls
it, "bass-ackwards" from what he's looking for.

Yes, and if you scrolled down like I said, the chart was there for the
other ones..

Like most, you only see what you want.

Jamie

I saw that you pasted a link to the wrong one.

Jamie exposed as a village idiot, yet again :-}

...Jim Thompson

Nice you could join this village idiot, as you say..

You haven't been winning too many prizes yourself lately.

And for the record, Flipper is an asshole because I pointed
to exactly what was asked and also indicate what to look for
down the page for other options.

The chop kiddy can play editing games all he wishes, it only works to
support my case of him/them coming up short in their defense, because
they made an utter fool of themselves. Good to see you could join in
as usual.

Do as you wish, it appears mental stability is starting to
show signs of instability on your side, regression.

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

flipper wrote:

Jamie wrote:

Like most, you only see what you want.

Jamie

I saw that you pasted a link to the wrong one.

So, I guess well have to call Maynard 'Never Right' from now on? We
can't have two 'Always Wrongs', it would confuse the trolls.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

flipper wrote:

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 00:49:25 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

Jamie wrote:

Like most, you only see what you want.

Jamie

I saw that you pasted a link to the wrong one.

So, I guess well have to call Maynard 'Never Right' from now on? We
can't have two 'Always Wrongs', it would confuse the trolls.

How about 'hole digger'? Because anyone can make a mistake but it
takes a special person to keep digging.

More like 'Black Hole of intelligence' since noting worthwhile ever
escapes.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Mick Nowell wrote:

"A closed mouth gathers no foot."

Then you tell Maynard. He has killfiled most people on the group.