Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Default VHS-to-DVD

"Spring" Cleaning...

Discovered ~30 VHS Family Tapes.

Recommendations for best conversion to DVD?

I presently no longer own any VHS equipment, though I have multiple
DVD burners, even a Sony VRD-MC5 which takes NTSC in and writes to a
DVD.

Any VHS Players still available?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On 7/19/2012 4:12 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
"Spring" Cleaning...

Discovered ~30 VHS Family Tapes.

Recommendations for best conversion to DVD?

I presently no longer own any VHS equipment, though I have multiple
DVD burners, even a Sony VRD-MC5 which takes NTSC in and writes to a
DVD.

Any VHS Players still available?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Depending on what you feel your time is worth, it's probably
easiest/cheapest to use one of the several online services that do it.
Last time I looked it was like 7 or 8 bucks a tape.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:12:05 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

"Spring" Cleaning...

Discovered ~30 VHS Family Tapes.

Recommendations for best conversion to DVD?

I presently no longer own any VHS equipment, though I have multiple
DVD burners, even a Sony VRD-MC5 which takes NTSC in and writes to a
DVD.

Any VHS Players still available?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

B&H Photo has them for $100. Walmart does as well, and they'll do
conversions for $20/DVD up to two tapes per.

You could probably get a bit better deal from a small place for that
number of tapes. Maybe ~$300 for the lot.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On 7/19/2012 3:12 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
"Spring" Cleaning...

Discovered ~30 VHS Family Tapes.

Recommendations for best conversion to DVD?

I presently no longer own any VHS equipment, though I have multiple
DVD burners, even a Sony VRD-MC5 which takes NTSC in and writes to a
DVD.

Any VHS Players still available?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Sheesh, doesn't seem like that long ago that I got the 8mm
transferred to VHS!
Mikek

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Recommendations for best conversion to DVD?

I presently no longer own any VHS equipment

DVD? That is obsolete too IMHO! (network, mediaplayer..)
Player died years ago, never replaced it.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:56:16 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 7/19/2012 3:12 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
"Spring" Cleaning...

Discovered ~30 VHS Family Tapes.

Recommendations for best conversion to DVD?

I presently no longer own any VHS equipment, though I have multiple
DVD burners, even a Sony VRD-MC5 which takes NTSC in and writes to a
DVD.

Any VHS Players still available?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Sheesh, doesn't seem like that long ago that I got the 8mm
transferred to VHS!
Mikek

That reminds me, i have over 100 Gb of 8mm and super 8 already converted
that need cleanup.

?-)