Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default Collecting E-mails for Legal Deposition

I'm an expert witness in a patent infringement case and need to
produce copies of all the E-mail to and from my client from 2000 to
the present time.

I have all the E-mails in folders by year and month. (Eudora
v7.1.0.9)

What is the best way to extract just the client E-mail and collect
into a single text file? There's only ~2400 of them :-)

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 11:32:28 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I'm an expert witness in a patent infringement case and need to
produce copies of all the E-mail to and from my client from 2000 to
the present time.

I have all the E-mails in folders by year and month. (Eudora
v7.1.0.9)

What is the best way to extract just the client E-mail and collect
into a single text file? There's only ~2400 of them :-)

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Eudora stores the files in human-readable .mbx files.

It would probably take about a day to do that manually (and might
result in the odd error). The script idea would work okay.

Another method would be to create a mailbox just for the target files
and filter the messages (setting up an appropriate filter function and
using Special-Filter Messages in Eudora) to that mailbox. Inspect,
then select all and print out all the messages to a PDF or whatever.

Whatever method you use, be sure to check that you've got them all and
no extras-- it's VERY easy to miss ones that were sent from a
different computer or whatever depending on what criteria you are
using to do the selection.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

Yep. It dawned on me to use a filter, with ID criteria and a date
range, and filter them into a new mailbox _folder_, which allowed me
to make it a text file... 228,126 lines... I hope the attorneys enjoy
it ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message

Yep. It dawned on me to use a filter, with ID criteria and a date
range, and filter them into a new mailbox _folder_, which allowed me
to make it a text file... 228,126 lines... I hope the attorneys enjoy
it ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--

Do the opposition's attornys get a printed copy? ;~)
Art

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:52:43 -0700, "Artemus"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
.. .

Yep. It dawned on me to use a filter, with ID criteria and a date
range, and filter them into a new mailbox _folder_, which allowed me
to make it a text file... 228,126 lines... I hope the attorneys enjoy
it ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--

Do the opposition's attornys get a printed copy? ;~)
Art

They get a text file, to print, if they want ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:
... which allowed me
to make it a text file... 228,126 lines... I hope the attorneys enjoy
it ;-)

Oh, they'll love it. More documents means more work means more fees. G
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson
wrote:

I'm an expert witness in a patent infringement case and need to
produce copies of all the E-mail to and from my client from 2000 to
the present time.

I have all the E-mails in folders by year and month. (Eudora
v7.1.0.9)

What is the best way to extract just the client E-mail and collect
into a single text file? There's only ~2400 of them :-)

Sort by name, select the emails, print them to a PDF and concatenate
the PDFs into a single file (or just ZIP them together).

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:
I'm an expert witness in a patent infringement case and need to
produce copies of all the E-mail to and from my client from 2000 to
the present time.

I have all the E-mails in folders by year and month. (Eudora
v7.1.0.9)

What is the best way to extract just the client E-mail and collect
into a single text file? There's only ~2400 of them :-)

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

I would write a program that read the source(s) in date order and
then copied/wrote desired results to separate file.
Even if it took 3-4 hours to write and debug, time/effort spent would
make for a winner.

Transferring e-mails from Outlook to Thunderbird etc.. tony sayer UK diy 9 August 26th 10 05:07 PM
E-mails J T Woodworking 37 November 21st 07 04:41 PM
Aqua mails [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 1st 07 08:06 AM
SEMI-OT - E-mails J T Woodworking 28 March 18th 05 06:49 PM